We are in an era where the world focuses on moving towards renewable energy to net zero. Various technologies are expected to reduce the climate change effect; one such technological solution is electric cars. Electric cars are a great solution, but some questions pop up when you purchase an electric car. We have tried to resolve these queries for Tesla, an electric car. We have answered questions such as how much does it cost to replace a Tesla battery, Tesla Model X battery replacement cost, and many other things. Keep reading to learn the answers to these questions.
1. What are The Battery Sizes for Different Tesla Models?
The battery sizes for different Tesla model is provided below:
|Model of Tesla||Size of the battery in kWh|
|Model 3 standard range||60|
|Model Y long range||75|
|Model X long range||100|
|Model S performance||100|
2. How Long can Tesla Cars Travel on One Charge?
On a single charge, you can run your Tesla car for around 336 miles, but this is an average. Furthermore, the range is not the same for all the Tesla cars because of the variation in model and advancement of technology. For example, the Tesla 3 battery on a single charge last for around 267 miles, and Tesla S has a range of 405 miles on a single charge. But these ranges are not exactly this, and they can vary because the battery capacity will vary. And this variation is due to many factors, such as driving style, the weather of the area where you drive your Tesla car, and other factors. Must Read All Battery Sizes with Pictures.
3. Why is the Range Different for Each Tesla Model?
The range is different for each Tesla model because-
- The new models have more advanced technology, and there is improvement in the battery design, which increases the car range.
- A Tesla Model 3 is more affordable because it has a smaller battery than other models. This small size causes less charge to be stored in the battery. So, the different model has different ranges.
- Other factors that cause the variation in range for the same model are driving style, the weather of the area, and other factors.
4. What is the Warranty Period for Battery?
We have provided you the warranty period for various models of Tesla so you can decide whether you will have to pay from your pocket or the company will pay for you. Because electric vehicles increase in cost due to batteries, everyone wants the electric car they purchase to have a durable battery, and there is a warranty period. So, we have provided in the table below the warranty period for batteries of different Tesla models
|Tesla car model||The warranty period in miles||The warranty period in years|
|Model 3 Long Range||120,000||8|
|Model 3 Long Performance||120,000||8|
|Model Y Long Range||120,000||8|
|Model Y Performance||120,000||8|
Here, we have explained the table in words form. Keep reading to know about it-
- In case the battery of a Tesla fails before eight years or has not covered 100,000, there is a warranty, so you do not have to worry about the cost. This warranty period is for model 3, and there is a variation in the warranty period for different models.
- If your electric battery of Tesla fails, which is a rare case, then the manufacturer covers the cost.
- Suppose the charging capacity of the Tesla battery falls below 70 percent, and this fall in battery capacity was during the warranty period. In that case, Tesla will cover that cost for you. But this fall in the charging capacity of Tesla batteries is rare.
So, how much does it cost to replace a Tesla battery? If a Tesla car’s battery fails for reasons not covered under warranty, you may have to pay $10,000 to $20,000. The amount can be more than that also if the battery of the Tesla car you use is severely damaged. (See Who Invented the Jake Brake?)
5. How much does it Cost to Replace a Tesla Battery? What is the Tesla Battery Replacement Cost Model S?
The exact cost will depend on the severity of the damage, so we have provided only the cost estimate. However, the Tesla battery replacement cost Model S can be between $12,000 and $ 15,000.
6. What is the Tesla Model X Battery Replacement Cost?
How much does it cost to replace a Tesla battery for its Model X? The Tesla Model X battery replacement cost is around $14,000. See Is CFMoto a Good Brand?
7. What is the Tesla Battery Replacement Cost Model 3?
The case is rare that you will have to replace the battery for this model, but still, we have provided the cost. This Tesla battery replacement cost model 3 can be around $15000
8. What is the Tesla Battery Replacement Cost Model Y?
How much does it cost to replace a Tesla battery for model Y? It is the latest model, and the Tesla battery replacement cost model Y can be around $15,000. (Also read How Long does a Tesla Battery Last without Charging?)