Want to visit South Africa but do not know when? Well, then this article is going to be helpful to you. Seasons are something that every part of the world experiences and the interesting thing is that they change throughout the year. So, it becomes fun to do many different things according to the seasons. Planning a vacation is also one of these fun things. And when visiting some other place or continent, it becomes important to know the changing weather and season of that place to know when it is the right time to visit it. So, this article will see when does autumn in South Africa happen. And if you are planning to visit this place, then it is important to know which months are autumn in South Africa. Read this article till the end to know more.
1. What are the 4 Seasons in South Africa?
The 4 seasons in South Africa are summer, spring, autumn, and winter.
- Summers begin in December and stay till February. During summers, the temperatures range from 15 degrees Celsius to 36 degrees Celsius.
- Spring season begins in September and lasts till November. The temperature ranges between 16 degrees Celsius to 27 degrees Celsius.
- Fall or autumn starts in March and lasts till May. During fall, the temperatures remain between 25 and 28 degrees Celsius.
- Winters in South Africa start in June and last till the end of August. Here, the temperature ranges from -2 degrees Celsius to 22 degrees Celsius.
2. What is the First Season in South Africa?
Fall or Autumn is the first season in South Africa. It starts in March and lasts till May, that is March, April, and May. The temperatures start to get cold as it is the time when winter is near. The days start to get shorter. Overall, autumn or fall is a dry and warm season in South Africa.
3. When is Autumn in South Africa?
Autumn or fall is an important season in South Africa. It starts from the beginning of March and stays till the end of May. (See What are the Seasons and Months of the Year?)
4. Why does South Africa have Autumn?
South Africa, like most of the countries in the world, has all four seasons, yes, autumn too. The earth spins on its axis which causes day and night. The earth moves around the sun in an elliptical orbit. The seasons are caused because the earth’s spin axis is tilted with respect to its orbital plane. This causes the seasons to occur throughout the globe, that is in Africa as well.
5. What happens in Autumn season?
The Autumn season lies between the summer and winter seasons.
- Temperatures start to decrease during the autumn season because the winter season approaches.
- It is also known as fall because leaves start changing color and begin to fall from the trees during this time.
- The days start getting shorter.
Autumn is the harvest season as well as it is the season of celebrations in many farming cultures around the world. (See What are the Four Seasons in the Philippines?)
6. What is the Weather Like in Autumn?
Let’s get to know what’s the weather like in autumn here. The weather in autumn is generally colder as winter approaches. It is also windier as compared to the other seasons. This is a very pleasant time of the year. Leaves tend to fall in this season and thus, the weather becomes more dramatic. Rainfall also occurs during this time.
7. What Months are Autumn in South Africa?
Do you know what months are autumn in South Africa? The months of March, April, and May are the autumn season in South Africa. (See What are the States with 4 Seasons?)
8. What Months are Spring in SA?
September, October, and November are the spring season months in South Africa.
9. Is August Autumn or Spring in South Africa?
August is neither autumn nor spring in South Africa. August is the winter month here in South Africa. After August, the spring season begins here, which is at the beginning of September. (See What Months are Summer in Australia?)
10. Which Season is September in South Africa?
September is the spring season in South Africa.