Music comes to rescue you when you are tired, your mind is running out of fuel, you need some time alone, or just like that. There is no specific reason to listen to songs. Have you ever sent the lyrics of a song to your friend or lover? Do you know about what are some good songs to make a texting lyric prank? If yes, then you must have played the lyric prank too. If not, then here you will get to know about lyric pranks and some good lyric prank songs. You will get to know about these as you continue reading the article.
1. What is a Lyric Prank?
When you text someone the opening line of a song, the receiver gets confused and replies by asking about the context, then again you reply with the next line of the song. This process continues until the receiver figures out what the prank is about. For example, you are the sender and John is the receiver.
- You: Cause baby now we got bad blood.
- John: Hey! I didn’t get you.
- You: You know it used to be mad love.
- John: What?
- You: So, take a look at what you have done.
And so on, until they recognize the lyrics or understand that you are playing a prank. You can do a lyric prank on call or via text. Also, check out the best way to listen to music on the go.
2. On Whom can you play this Prank?
This depends on the understanding and bonding you share with the other person. Friends, boyfriends/girlfriends, classmates, co-workers, family members, crush, lovers, neighbors, etc. can be the person to be pranked on. (See What does Running Through the Six mean?)
3. What are good Lyric Prank Songs?
Before understanding what are some good songs to make a texting lyric prank, you must know about the good lyric prank songs. These songs selected for the prank must have lyrics blank enough to start a conversation. For this, you need to search through various songs to get the right one. This is necessary if you are trying to put up something important for someone special. (See 20 Best Singers of All Time)
4. What are some good songs to make a Texting Lyric Prank?
You can select from a large selection of songs depending on the goal you want to achieve through this prank. I have mentioned different genres from which songs can be played;
- Friends/Best friends,
- K-pop, and
- Sad prank. (See What Does 42 Mean?)
5. Which Songs can be used to prank Girlfriends or Boyfriends?
If you are already in a relationship, it does not mean that you cannot play a lyric prank. It can be a way to uplift the mood of your partner or just make things fun because fun should never be lost in a relationship. So below are the names of what are some good songs to make a texting lyric prank in a relation.
- Boyfriend by Big Time Rush,
- Gorgeous by Taylor Swift,
- Hello by Adele, Also, check out why Adele’s “Hello” became so popular?
- History by One Direction,
- I want it that way by Backstreet Boys,
- If I were a boy by Beyonce,
- Love the way you lie by Eminem Ft. Rihanna,
- Photograph by Nickelback, and
- Telephone by Lady Gaga. (See Why is Lady Gaga so famous?)
6. Which Songs are fit for a prank on Co-workers?
The bonding between co-workers develops over time and sometimes you want to take the next step with them. It is nice to develop a healthy and happy work environment for everyone.
- 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton,
- Confessions by Usher,
- Good Intentions by Toad the Wet Sprocket,
- I’ll be there for you by The Rembrandts (Friends theme track), and
- Telephone line by Electric Light Orchestra. (See What Is The Name Of The Song The Girls Sang In The Car In “White Chicks”?)
7. What are the Best Songs for a Lyric Prank on Crush?
If you are still not sure about what are some good songs to make a texting lyric prank, take a look at this one. The feeling of crushing on someone is not unknown to any of us. When we want to say it out loud to the person, we are crushing on but cannot spill out the beans. If you are in such a situation, try out these songs.
- 8 Letters – Why Don’t We,
- Call me maybe by Carly Rae Jensen,
- I wish you were mine by Loving Caliber,
- Satellite by Lena Meyer-Landrut, and
- You belong with me by Taylor Swift. (See Why Taylor Swift is so popular?)
8. Which Song would be good for Ex?
Well, first thing first, it does not make any sense if you are still texting him/her. Second thing, second, if you want to roast them or bid farewell for the last time, then try out these songs.
- 7 things by Miley Cyrus,
- Love you and hate you by Keke Palmer,
- Love yourself by Justin Bieber, Also, check out why do some people like Justin Bieber?
- Somebody that I used to know by Gotye, and
- Someone you loved by Lewis Capaldi.
9. Which Song would be best for pranking your Friends and Best Friend?
Friends are family without blood relations. Playing pranks with them is our lifelong right.
- Best friend by Rex Orange County,
- I’ll be there for you by The Rembrandts, and
- You’re my best friend by Queen. (See What Does Gangnam Style Mean?)
10. Which Song to prank your K-pop Crazy Friends?
If you are still wondering what are some good songs to make a texting lyric prank, try out this Korean prank. K-pop is the new trend and your friends or family members are also a part of their huge fans. Try out these songs to check if they are really into K-pop or not. Do not forget to send the translated version of the songs, I bet they will not be able to catch it.
- Buy in Luv by Bangtan Sonyeondan (BTS),
- I don’t need a man by Miss A,
- Pied Piper by Bangtan Sonyeondan (BTS), and
- Playing with fire by Blackpink. (See What Does K Mean In Text?)
11. Which Sad song can be used in a Lyric Prank?
You can use these sad songs’ lyric pranks on anyone. It can also be a way to share your heavy heart in a melodious way. If you do not want to burden anyone with your problems, you can say it through this prank and then reveal it is a prank. No explanation is needed.
- Falling by Harry Styles, and
- Where are you now? by Honor Society. (See Examples of Kiss Me Under The Mistletoe Quotes)
12. How to nail the Lyric Prank?
If you are planning a serious prank then you should take a look at the following tips.
- Figure out your goal, like confession, expression, fun, etc.
- Choose the right song with lots of I’s and You’s. Also, the lyrics must have a dialogue, narrative, or a story, along with lots of feelings.
- Decide the time and day. This can be done after you decide what are some good songs to make a texting lyric prank. Must read about the examples of Famous Acrostic Poems.
- Find the song that matches your texting style.
- Make necessary changes to the lyrics to re-frame it.
- Enjoy but do not take things too far if the receiver is unable to catch your prank. (See What is an Example of Expository Text?)
Well, now you know about the lyric prank, and what are some good songs to make a texting lyric prank. It is time to share the good lyric prank songs with your friends and family members to plan a gang lyric prank. Also, according to you, which song goes well with a lyric prank? (Also read What are the Words that are both Nouns and Verbs?)