Europe is a huge continent, so there is a variety of facial features you can see in Europe. The genetic history of Europe is complicated. Many different races have mixed features in Europe. In any case, the typical Caucasian look is a result of multiple waves of migrants over tens of thousands of years. Europeans tend to have slightly varying physical characteristics but have some typical English facial features based on where they live. So, what are European facial features and Eastern European features? How do other Europeans differ from others? These are some common questions that we will answer in this article for you.
1. Can you tell Ethnicity by Facial Features?
Facial features can give clues to ethnicity. Certain facial features are often possible to derive which ethnicity a person belongs to. Ancestry and physical appearances often infer an individual’s features such as facial structure and skin color. So, it can be quite possible to determine a person’s ethnicity, but keep in mind that features can be misleading too as people can have mixed ethnicity depending on the area they live. In the next point, we will talk about what are European facial features. Must read how do you tell Ancestry by physical features?
2. What are European Facial Features?
You can tell European facial features based on looking at certain features which were studied based on a European person’s skull. Europeans tend to have circular eye sockets, narrow, high nasal aperture, and pronounced nasal bridge, and teeth tend to be small being close together. They are the result of a long history of interbreeding between different races. However, the typical European facial features are mostly long, narrow noses, high cheekbones, hooded, almond-shaped eyes, and thin lips. Hope you got an idea of what are European facial features. (See What are Physical Characteristics of a Person?)
3. What is a European Face?
European facial features are a combination of the features of the people who settled in Europe. Individuals in European tend to have long narrow faces with fairly flat facial profiles and sharply angled nasal bones.
4. What are Eastern European Facial Features?
Most Eastern Europeans have a similar height and high face. The Eastern European facial features act like those of American Europeans, except for a wide oral cavity and a smaller nasal. Several Eastern Europeans have prominent rounded brows and they also tend to have longer scaled-down ears. They have high cheekbones and deep-set almond-shaped eyes with colors ranging from green, and blue to light/dark brown, and have a darker skin tint when compared to North Western Europeans. This is quite similar to the answer of what are European facial features we discussed earlier. (See What Percentage of the Population has Attached Earlobes?)
5. What Ethnicities are Eastern European?
Eastern Europeans are considered Slavic and termed Slavs. Slav is a member of the most numerous ethnic and linguistic body of people in Europe, mainly residing in eastern and south-eastern Europe. Slavic languages belong to the Indo-European family. Eastern European is also called a panethnicity, which describes as a group of ethnicities with common origins. (See What is the Golden Ratio face?)
6. Why do Eastern Europeans have Flat Heads?
The reason why Eastern Europeans have flat heads can be genetic as there are many ancestries behind it and it is a common feature of Eastern Europeans. The cranial index is much lower than Western Europeans and the length of the skull is longer too. Must see Who has the Biggest Forehead in the World?
7. What are Typical English Facial Features?
If you’ve ever been to England and seen the people there, you’ll notice some common facial traits. The typical English facial features are a chiseled small jaw with normal-sized teeth and thin lips. The skin color tends to be on the fair side with eye colors ranging from dark brown through green to very light blue/grey/green. (See What Are Physical Attributes?)
8. What does the Average Brit Look Like?
- Brits are known for their fair skin and inability to tan, a high proportion of the UK is white, around 86%, while the remaining proportion consists of Asian, black and mixed ethnicities.
- The average British height is around 5’9’’ for men and 5’4” for women.
- When it comes to eyes, the most popular color by far is blue with 48% of Brits having blue eyes. Then 30% have green eyes and 22% with brown eyes.
- The most common hair color in the UK is brunette, even though blonde is seen more on the streets but only 29% are natural blondes, 48% are natural brunettes, and 8% have black hair. Less common colors include white, grey, and red, although redheads are pretty common in Scotland and Northern Island than in England and Wales.
9. What Facial Features do the Irish have?
The typical Irish features are freckles, red hair, and pale skin. The other facial features are a prominent and round chin, very small narrow oval eyes, oval-shaped head with slightly upturned n with high cheekbones. You might wonder, are Irish and English the same race? Let’s find out.
10. Are Irish and English the Same Race?
No. According to Historians, the Irish and English are mostly descended from different peoples, the Irish from the Celts, and the English are from the Anglo-Saxons. The English invaded Northern Europe and drove away the Celts to the western and northern parts of the country. (See How to Make Waves on Short Hair for Guys?)
11. What are German Features?
Germans, in movies, shows, or advertisements, are stereotypically portrayed as pale, blonde, and blue-eyed people with rosy blushed cheeks. But that’s not what a typical German person looks like.
- The eye color ranges from blue, green, and gray.
- Their hair color can range from blonde to darker tones like brown or black, which are commonly seen among Germans.
- The majority of Germans have a tall stature, and broad shoulders, with edgy facial features such as a strong jawline, long nose, and wide, or semi-hooded eyes. German people are commonly found in the Northern part of Europe, especially in Netherlands and Scandinavia.
So, now you know what are European facial features. Reflecting on where these traits come from may help us understand why there are such differences between groups like Europeans and Asians/Africans/Australians, etc. You can’t stereotype a person based on a few features from what you see in movies, tv shows, etc. So, it’s better to reflect on every feature and if you’re more curious, just ask the person. People can be from mixed ethnicity and can have mixed features which just adds to their beauty! Let’s appreciate the beauty and learn more on any chance we get! (See Is Goatee without Mustache called Amish Beard?)