Games are necessary activities that one enjoys to their fullest. Some outdoor games are such invented that every age group can have fun with the same gaming props like zorbing. Have you heard about what is zorbing or how to zorb? If not, no worries, because today along with it, you will get to know about aqua zorbing, land zorbing, roller zorbing, harness zorbing, zorbballs, and zorbing experiences.
1. What is an Orb and What is Zorbing?
The big transparent sphere made from plastic is known as a zorb. This sphere represents an orb, thus it got its name zorb from this inspiration. Zorbing is the recreated version of rolling downhill in an orb sport. Zorbing is also known as globe riding, orbing, water walking, and sphering. (See What is Mixed Martial Arts?)
2. Who invented Zorbing?
In 1994, Andrew Akers and Dwane van der Sluis from New Zealand joined hands to lay the foundation of the Zorb firm. They created suitable orbs for human use and very soon these orbs became a trend. (See What’s a Brace in Soccer?)
3. What are the Types of Zorbing?Image by sreitzig from Pixabay
Depending upon the place of Zorbing the sport is divided into 2 types, namely harnessed Zorbing and non-harnessed zorbing. The former is also known as hydro Zorbing and is carried out on the water while the latter is known as dry Zorbing which is done on land.
4. What is Aqua Zorbing?
It is another name for Hydro or Water Zorbing. In this kind of zorbing, the participants have to sail the orb in gallons of water down a hill. The orb is unharnessed in this form. (See Make Your Own Custom Fidget Spinner)
5. What is Roller zorbing or Harness zorbing?
It can be considered another form of harnessed zorbing in which the rider has to ride down the hill. It is a drier version of water zorbing. As we are discussing what is zorbing, you must note that there are certain rules for the rider that he has to follow. He has to maintain the high speed of the orb without bumping into another rider.
6. Where to do Zorbing?
Usually, Zorbing is done on gentle slopes for a better flow, but it can be done on leveled land also. In fact, on level land, the rider will have much better control. In areas where there are no hills and lack slopes, manufacturers construct inflatable, metal, or wooden ramps. (See How many Rings does Tom Brady have?)
7. How to Zorb?
If you are planning to zorb yourself, then you should begin with inflating the orb. It comes with a pump. Orbs have zip closure so once you are inside the orb, ask the other person to zip lock the orb. Now you can start walking forwards and see the orb is easily movable with you. Also, check out how to throw a Curveball?
8. What are the Rules of Zorbing for participants?Image by ivabalk from Pixabay
While zorbing, that is, while the players roll from the slope, the participants are required to follow the following rules.
- The clothing of the participants should not have any zips.
- All the pockets of the clothes of a participant must be empty.
- No jewelry is to be worn by the participants. (See How do you Play Lacrosse?)
- The participants should not bump into each other while tilting their orb down the slope.
- The participants have to roll down the slope of the hill by tilting and navigating their orb to roll down before other participants. Must read how long does the Super Bowl last?
9. What is a Zorb Ball made up of?
Further, in what is zorbing, let’s get to know about the orb. Different types of plastic along with various materials make up one zorb ball. All the material is sourced from New Zealand itself. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) and Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) in about 100,000,00 sq. meters are used to make up the inner and outer skins of the orb. Also, check out what is a Baseball made of?
10. What is the Dimension of Zorbballs?
Zorbing is not done with just any ball or orb. A zorb ball must have the following characteristics:
- The overall diameter should be 3 meters (10 feet).
- The inner diameter should be 3 meters (9.84 feet).
- The distance between the outer air cushion and the rider must be 50 to 60 cm (0.5 to 0.6 feet).
- The thickness of the plastic of the orb should be 0.8 mm (0.03 inches).
11. What are Zorbing experiences?
According to the riders, zorbing is an amazing, and fun-filled experience which can be felt only when done in person. Some people also call it a mad thrill. The zorbing experience gives you an ultimate adrenalin rush but in a perfect amount to let you feel the thrill. (See What is a Slam Dunk?)
12. What are the Myths related to Zorbing?Photo by Suzy Hazelwood
People watching others zorbing may feel that it may churn their stomachs, but it is not like that. Dizziness, lightheadedness, queasy feeling, etc., are some assumptions made by people regarding the zorbing experiences. (See Pac Man Ghost Game)
13. What Precautions should you take?
After understanding and experiencing what is zorbing you will not believe these myths but still, take a look. Though it is a fun-filled activity, it is still done with a prop, and you need to be careful about it. Take a look at the following precautionary steps that you should not neglect.
- Do not drag or pull an inflated orb because it may cause holes or friction on the orb surface.
- You should not stand close to an orb that is being inflated or deflated.
- You should not spend more than 15 minutes inside an orb to avoid a shortage of oxygen inside it.
So, now I guess you understood what is zorbing and how to zorb. You can share information about aqua zorbing, land zorbing, roller zorbing, harness zorbing, and zorbballs with your friends and family. (Also read What Pokemon Cards are Worth Money?)