After the beginning of the fast food restaurants in 1916 in Wichita, Kansas, there have been several famous restaurants that sell mouth-watering food. Some are unique to others because of their different style of cooking or the use of some secret spice and sauce. While we are on the topic, let us talk about Hardee’s today. Have you visited them? Did you taste Hardee’s fiery sauce? Well, today you will get to know what is Hardee’s fiery sauce recipe and what is special about Hardee’s hot honey sauce. So, let’s begin.
1. Who is Hardee?
The name of the fast food restaurant, Hardee’s is the name of its founder, Wilber Hardee. The Hardee’s Restaurant LLC is an American fast-food chain restaurant that is operated by CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc. After the merger in 1997, the Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr. became sister companies in the fast-food restaurant chain business. (See Contorni Meaning in Italian Menu)
2. What is Hardee’s Fiery Sauce?
Sister brands, Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr, introduced a Fiery Menu that includes the spiciest food items. It was something that was for vegetarians and non-vegetarians both. The highlight of the menu was the fiery beef burger which was filled with the Fiery Sauce, which was a spicy Habanero ranch sauce.
Other items on the menu are:
- Beyond Fiery Famous Star Burger
- Double Fiery Famous Star Burger
- Fiery Famous Star Burger
- Spicy Chicken Tenders
- Triple Fiery Famous Star Burger
3. What is Hardee’s Fiery Sauce Recipe?
Well, if you are planning to make some fiery hot sauce at home then you are at the right place today. Let’s start making the fiery sauce with habanero ranch dressing
- Ranch Dressing 1 cup
- Habanero Pepper (with seeds) 1
- Garlic Powder 1 teaspoon
- Onion Powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
Step 1 − Begin with puréeing the habanero pepper and add half the purée to the ranch dressing. Now give it a good mix.
Step 2 – Add garlic powder, onion powder, and salt to the ranch dressing and habanero mix. Combine well.
Step 3 – Taste the sauce if it is not as hot as you want, then add the remaining habanero pepper purée in the desired amount until the sauce is at the right fieriness.
So, here I have mentioned the recipe so that you can prepare it at home. Check out What does it Mean by CAVA Splendid Greens?
4. How to Make Ranch Dressing at Home?
If you are not into store-bought things and prefer making them at home, then you just need to check if you have the below-mentioned ingredients or not.
- Black pepper grounded 1/8 teaspoon
- Chives dried 1/2 teaspoon
- Dill dried 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Mayonnaise 1 cup
- Onion powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Parsley dried 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt 1/8 teaspoon
- Sour cream 1/2 cup, you can use buttermilk if you want
Step 1 – In a large bowl take chives, mayonnaise, sour cream (or buttermilk), dill, parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Mix well until combined.
Step 2 – Adjust the seasoning if using it with Hardee’s fiery sauce.
Step 3 – Cover and refrigerate before serving. For mixing it in the fiery sauce, mix without refrigerating.
5. What is Hardee’s Hot Honey Sauce?
The perfect balance of sweetens with spicy peppers is what makes the hot honey sauce. It is the type and amount of chili used that impacts the flavor. It gives you the sweetness of honey as an initial taste and then the heat builds up in your taste buds. Here is the recipe to make this fiery hot honey sauce at home:
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Step 1 – In a small saucepan, add honey, chili flakes, and chili powder (if using). Stir it well.
Step 2 – Heat it over medium-low heat and then bring the honey to a simmer position.
Step 3 – Keep stirring that hot mixture for 3 – 5 minutes but do not boil.
Step 4 – Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the apple cider vinegar and stir.
Step 5 – Taste and add a pinch of salt to adjust the sweetness and hotness of the sauce. Salt enhances the sweetness and reduces the spiciness.
6. Which Chilies are Best for the Sauce?Image by Barbara Jackson from Pixabay
Since chilies are the influencing factors in the sauce, they must be selected wisely. The taste of the chilies must be fiery but not manipulating. Using fresh or dried chili is up to your choice depending upon the heat level you want. This goes for Hardee’s fiery sauce and hot honey sauce. But remember, the number of seeds will influence the spiciness of the sauce.
Here I have mentioned types of chilies based on their hot levels:
- Red pepper flakes are the hottest
- Dried smoked chilies can be mild to hot and smoky
- Gochutgaru (Korean pepper flakes are milder)
- Anaheim is a little mild
- Jalapenos and Guajillo are medium hot
- Habanero and Chipotle peppers are hot
- Chile de Arbol is the hottest
7. What goes Best with Fiery Sauce?
The fiery hot sauce is enjoyed in many ways. You can use it as a dipping sauce, or you can spread it over. Here are a few options to fire things up:
- Nuggets, chicken, or cauliflower
- Eggs, fried, boiled, scrambled, etc.
- Nuts, coated with olive oil
- Cheese, halloumi fry
- Popcorn, melt with butter and drizzle over it
- Fruit like mango, pineapple, papaya
- Add it to the burger
- Swirl into soups
- Mayonnaise, cocktail sauce, mustard
- Hot chocolate
8. Where to use Hot Honey Sauce?
This homemade sauce will have a long shelf life if you used dried and smoked pepper but if you used fresh chilies, it will not last long. It is best to use it within 1 to 2 weeks. It applies to Hardee’s fiery sauce as well. Here is a list of the serving options that go best with drizzled hot honey sauce:
- Avocado toast or French toast
- Feta dip or whipped ricotta
- Phyllo wrapped feta
- Eggs (scrambled, boiled, omelets and frittatas)
- Cooked Salmon
- Chicken (fried or wings)
- Sautéed and roasted vegetables
- French Fries, eggplant chips, zucchini fries, etc
- Grilled cheese
- Vanilla ice cream
- Yogurt parfait
- Pancakes or waffles
- Grilled fruits
- Cheese pasta dishes
9. What Other Ways are there to Eat Hot Honey Sauce?Photo by Farhad Ibrahimzade on Unsplash
The hot sauce is not just for drizzling, but you can also eat it in other ways also.
- As a spread over,
- Cornbread, cakes, biscuits, pretzels, toast, crumpets, scones, etc.,
- Add it to Cocktails, charcuterie boards, or cheese boards,
- Turn it into Marinade or salad dressing,
- Make a soothing flu drink, etc.
So, today you get to know about Hardee’s fiery sauce and how it was introduced. Are you going to try Hardee’s fiery sauce recipe homemade version at home? Did you know about the homemade version of Hardee’s hot honey sauce? (See What is a Good Substitute for Worcestershire Sauce?)