Corona is a Mexican brand lager that came in the year 1925. Different people have varied reasons to have a beer, and if you are also one of them who likes to have a beer then you can try out Corona beer as it is a very famous brand. This brand of beer has a variety from which you can choose, if you are a light drinker then you can opt for a light beer such as Corona Premier, everybody can choose according to their taste and liking. If you wish to learn more about where is Corona beer made, the types of Corona beer, and more then keep reading.
1. Where is Corona Beer Made?
The answer to where is Corona beer made or where is Corona beer from is Mexico. The Corona beer is served in a glass bottle that has the eminent crowned logo on it, it is most of the time served with lemon to enhance its flavor. The crown of the Cathedral of Our Lady of Guadalupe in the city of Puerto Vallarta is the inspiration behind the brand logo and the name of the Corona brand. See Is Corona Beer Gluten Free?
2. Where is Corona Beer Brewed?
Corona beer is brewed in Mexico. This has varieties of beers such as Corona Extra, Corona Light, Corona Familiar, Corona Premier, and a variety of hard seltzers. Now, you might be clear about where is Corona beer brewed.
3. Is Corona Beer Mexican or Spanish?
Corona beer is a pale brew that originated in Mexico and it is the Mexican lager that is loved by many people around the world. The ingredients of Corona beer are Barley malt, hops, corn, yeast, Ascorbic acid, and Propylene glycol alginate. Now, you do not have to confuse yourself on the question of whether is Corona beer Mexican or Spanish or where is Corona beer made. See Where is Crown Royal Made?
4. What are the types of Corona Beer?
Since 1925 Corona brew is produced in Mexico. This is one of the top exports of Mexico and is one of the best-selling beers in Mexico. In more than 150 countries around the world, this beer is available, the countries where this beer is exported in the largest numbers include the United Kingdom, Australia, North America, etc. There are various types of Corona beer, now let’s discuss them:
- Corona Extra is one of the varieties of Corona beer. It has a smooth and refreshing taste. The odor of this beverage is fruity-honey with a touch of malt. Its flavor is perfectly balanced between hops and malt, toward the malt side. It is manufactured with a high-quality blend of hops, corn, yeast, filtered water, and malted barley. This beverage is golden in color and has a refreshing flavor. You can enjoy this amazing beer with your near and dear ones. It is available in bottles as well as cans. Many people like to have this beer with a slice of lemon.
- Corona Light is another type of Corona beer. It is brewed to derive a refreshing, light flavor taste. Besides that, it is a pilsner-style beer with a fruity-honey smell and hop flavor. It is also popular among people and comes in bottles as well as cans.
- Another variety is Corona Familiar, it is different from Corona Light and Corona Extra. It has a slightly fuller flavor and taste. It is mostly consumed by people in Mexico and less in countries like Europe and the United States. This comes in an amber-colored glass despite clear transparent glass.
- Corona Premier is a light beer with low carbs. It is the smoothest Corona beer as it is refined and has a crisp taste. It has 2.6g of carbs and 90 calories and is perfect if you want to feel relaxed. You might now make a choice on what type of Corona beer you want to have from the types discussed above and you might also be clear on where is Corona beer made.
5. What is the Origin of Corona?
We have already discussed where is Corona beer from so let us move on. After becoming aware of where is Corona beer brewed, now let’s discuss its origin, to learn about the origin of Corona beer read the points discussed below:
- In the year 1925 Corona beer was established when Grupo Modelo began its brewing activity.
- After Corona was established, Grupo Modelo discussed how can they preserve and store this beer, initially they thought of storing Corona beer in dark-colored bottles. But in the end, transparent bottles were used to store the brew. After ten years of Corona, another type of beer called Corona Extra gained popularity.
- To gain more popularity and to fight its competitor Pulque beer in Mexico, Grupo Modelo in the year 1937 started calling Corona Extra a fine quality beer. The decline of Pulque was inevitable as Grupo Modelo did marketing and advertising very nicely.
- Grupo Modelo started exporting beer in the USA in the year 1976 and Corona became one of the best-selling imported beers in the USA in the year 1988.
- The company started providing beer in cans as well in 2009 and since then this brand has been expanding its types of beers.
- In the year 2013, Anheuser-Busch InBev (AB InBev) acquired Grupo Modelo which was Corona’s parent company, and the rights to manufacture Corona and other Modelo brands in the USA were given to Constellation.
6. Coronas Marketing and Branding
You know the answer to whether is Corona beer Mexican or Spanish, so let us take a look at its branding. The branding of this brew is linked with a part of life in which everybody takes breaks from the world to relax, enjoy and let go of all their tensions and worries. Corona is persistent with its marketing and advertising technique and it has successfully instilled and communicated its message to the people.
Its approach is based on the concept of the beach state of mind in which it associates its drinks with sunsets, summers, beaches, and more all over the year. Must see Where is Skyy Vodka Made?
7. Why Lemon or Lime is put in Corona?
There are different theories as to why lime is put in Corona. Some people believe that it adds to the flavor of the beer whereas some believe that it cleans the tip of the beer bottle and also kills germs. So, this might clear your doubts on this question as well as you may now be clear on where is Corona beer made.
8. What is the Difference Between Corona and Coronita?
As it comes in small bottles than the ones that are available in other countries, Corona is termed Coronita in Spain. A diminutive suffix -ita or -ito is added at the end of words to indicate the smaller versions, in Spanish. Moreover, another reason why is it called Coronita in Spain is due to the trademark dispute which prohibited the usage of the name Corona in Spain till 2016, after which things got sorted out.
We hope after reading our article you were able to learn where is Corona beer made and more. We keep coming up with interesting and insightful information so keep visiting our page frequently. We also update our page for our readers. (Also read Is Jack Daniels Gluten Free?)