The second-largest continent (after Asia), Africa makes up around one-fifth of the planet’s land area. The Atlantic Ocean, the Mediterranean Sea, the Red Sea, the Indian Ocean, and the merging waters of the Atlantic and Indian oceans border the continent’s west, north, east, and south, respectively. Now let’s learn about the smallest country in Africa continent, the 3 smallest countries in Africa continent and the biggest city in Africa. And, if you are curious about which is the giant country of Africa, then read on to find out.
1. How many Countries are in Africa?
There are 54 countries in Africa. The names of the African countries are as follows:
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- DR Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Guinea Bissau
- Ivory Coast
- Republic of Congo
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
2. What is the Smallest Country in Africa Continent?
With a population of roughly 94,228 inhabitants, Seychelles is the least populous sovereign African republic and the smallest country in Africa continent by area (451 square kilometres). Must see How to Compare County vs Parish?
3. What are the 3 Smallest Countries in Africa?
What is the smallest country in Africa continent? The 3 smallest countries in the African continent are:
- Sao Tome and Principe
4. Which African Country is the Biggest?
With a total land area of more than 2.38 million square kilometres as of 2020, Algeria is the biggest African country. Sudan and the Democratic Republic of the Congo are next, with respective total areas of 1.88 million and 2.34 million square kilometres.
5. Is Nigeria still the Giant of Africa?
Yes, Nigeria has been called the giant of Africa by many due to its over 200 million population. Nigeria is Africa’s most populated nation. It is on the list of the world’s most populated nations and is also the most populous black nation. It is also ranked eighth in terms of population. A large population should serve as a labour pool, a military advantage, and a sizable market both now and in the future. Many nations, notably China and India, have utilised their huge populations to the fullest extent possible, which is reflected in their progress. Nigeria, regrettably, cannot be included in this group of nations. (See Which States in US touch no other State Boundaries?)
6. Which Country is the Rich in Africa?
According to the world population review, the richest countries in Africa in 2022 as the overall GDP are:
- Egypt – $1.38 trillion
- Nigeria – $1.14 trillion
- South Africa – $861.93 billion
- Algeria – $532.57 billion
- Morroco – $ 302.77 billion
7. What is the Biggest City in Africa?
Lagos, a Nigerian city, has a population of 15.4 million and a land area of 351,861 hectares, which makes it the biggest city in Africa. (See What are the Characteristics of a Developed Country?)
8. What is the World Smallest Country?
The five smallest countries in the world as per area size are the following:
- Vatican City (0.49 km2)
- Monaco (2 Km2)
- Nauru (20 Km2)
- Tuvalu (30 Km2)
- San Marino (60 Km2)
9. Which is the Biggest Country in the World?
The biggest countries (as per area size) in the world are:
- Russia: 17,098,250 km²
- Canada: 9,879,750 km²
- China: 9,600,013 km²
- United States: 9,831,510 km²
- Brazil: 8,515,770 km²
10. What Country in Africa has the Fastest Growing Population?
The fastest growing populations of countries in Africa are:
- Niger 3.75%
- Equatorial Guinea 3.29%
- Angola 3.2%
- Congo 3.1%
- Burundi 3.02%
This is the list based on country population growth (percentage-wise). Check out How Far is Mexico from the United States?
11. What are the Most Educated Countries in Africa?
The most educated countries in Africa are the following:
- Equatorial Guinea: This country has a population of 1,402,983 and a literacy rate of 95.30 per cent.
- South Africa: This most famous African country has a population of 59,308,690 and a literacy rate of 94.30 per cent.
- Seychelles: The population of this country is 98,347 and has a literacy rate of 91.80%.
- Libya: The population of Libya is 6,871,292, and the literacy rate is 91 per cent.
- Mauritius: The population of this famous tourist nation is 1,271,768 and has a literacy rate of 90.60 per cent.
12. What’s the Smartest Country in Africa?
The estimation of finding out the smartest country in Africa is done on the basis of the highest rate of school enrolment, Nobel prize winners, and various indexes like the Human Development Index, Global Innovation Index, Intelligence Capital Index, GDP, and other parameters. So, the top five countries which score the highest percentage on the above-mentioned parameters are:
- South Africa
13. What are the Poorest Countries in Africa?
The top five poorest countries in Africa (as per 2020 data, GDP per capita, Purchasing Power Parity, and Gross National Income) are the following:
- Burundi ($ 771 GDP)
- Somalia ($ 875 GDP)
- Central African Republic ($ 980 GDP)
- Democratic Republic of the Congo ($ 1,131 GDP)
- Niger ($1,263 GDP)
So, by now you have some idea about the smartest, giant of Africa, the biggest city in Africa and the smallest country in Africa continent. Additionally note that being one of the poorest economies in the world, Africa is beautiful and you can plan and visits some parts of it with your family. (Also read How many Villages in Punjab are there?)