These different kinds of water have different purposes and nutrients. Drinking any water will definitely affect your health and overall well-being. So, it becomes necessary to have proper knowledge about which water is best for drinking. This article is going to talk about these aspects of water in detail. So, read till the last to not miss out on this important piece of information.
1. How many Kinds of Water are There?
There are 9 different kinds of water. They are:
- Tap water
- Well water
- Alkaline water
- Packaged drinking water
- Mineral water
- Distilled water
- Sparkling water
- Spring or glacier water
- Hard water
2. What are Different Kinds of Water?
The 9 different kinds of water are explained below:
- Tap water: The water that comes from the faucet is known as tap water. It is generally the dam or river water, which is treated at a water treatment facility. It is stored in reservoirs and then supplied to homes. Although the quality of tap water has to meet the basic criteria of safety, there are chances of this water being unsafe. Hence, it is recommended to use a water purifier before using this water.
- Mineral water: Mineral water consists of minerals, mainly calcium, and magnesium. This water is sourced from underground water and then packaged to be sold as mineral water. It has some benefits over normal tap water.
- Hard water: The water that has high mineral content is known as hard water. The compounds found in water contaminate it, making it harmful to your health.
- Packaged drinking water: This water is the normal water that is treated at water treatment plants. Technologies like UV, filtration, ozone and reverse osmosis are used for treatment. This waste is then packaged into bottles or pouches and sold.
- Sparkling water: Sparkling water is water that is infused with carbon dioxide. It is also known as carbonated water. It is generally sourced from mineral springs that have a high mineral content.
- Distilled water: Distilled water is the water that is purified using the process of distillation. This water is considered the safest as it does not contain any bacteria or toxins. It cannot be used as drinking water because it lacks vital minerals too.
- Spring or glacier water: Springs and glaciers are the places from where this water is sourced. It is free of toxins and unwanted particles. Sometimes, they are also treated and infused with vital minerals depending on their source.
- Well water: The well water is the water collected in the wells. This is mainly the rainwater that seeps down through the soil. It can also be used as drinking water after being purified.
- Alkaline water: This is another type of water that has less acidic contents and more alkaline properties. There are some assumptions that drinking this water can be a miracle for your health, which is not exactly true.
3. What is the Highest Quality Water?
Now, can you guess what is the highest quality water? Let’s answer this question here. The quality of water depends upon its use and requirements. Different kinds of water have different qualities. So, let’s look at them:
- If you look at the highest quality water, then the highest form of water is distilled water because it is super clean and treated. It has no toxins or contaminants at all. But it is unsafe for drinking because of the removal of all the vital salts.
- When you want the highest quality water for drinking, then spring water becomes the safest option because it is raw and natural. All the vital minerals are present in it without the presence of toxins and contaminants. In the next point, you will get to about the best pH water.
4. What is the Best pH Water?
The best pH water is water with a pH level of 7. It is called neutral or balanced water and is considered the best pH water. When the pH of water is less than 7, it becomes acidic and when it is more than 7, it is alkaline. Therefore, pure water has a pH of 7.
5. What’s the Healthiest Water?
Among the different kinds of water, spring water is considered the healthiest water. It is so because it is sourced directly from the spring and has many vital minerals and nutrients. Most of the time it does not even require treatment because it is filtered underground. It has a rich mineral and salt content which is very beneficial for the health and body.
6. Which Water has Most Minerals?
One can say that mineral water has the most minerals, as the name suggests. It includes minerals like potassium, zinc, calcium, sodium, bicarbonate, iron, and magnesium. It is also safe to drink because it is processed and treated to some extent. This treatment of water removes all the toxins and impurities from it, making it safe and healthy. (See What are Large Water Bodies called?)
7. Which Water is Best for Weight Loss?
Your regular lukewarm drinking water is best for weight loss. Water does this by suppressing your appetite and boosting your metabolism. Drinking water also makes exercise easier and more efficient, which overall contributes to weight loss. The next pointer will tell you which water is best for drinking.
8. Which Type of Water is Best for Drinking?
Spring water is best for drinking among all different kinds of water. It is the rawest form of water which is very safe to drink. It makes your body and cells regenerate. It is also sourced from a natural source of water which makes it authentic and toxin-free. The mineral content in this water is rich and hence, it is considered the best for drinking as it can have many health benefits.
9. Can You Drink Distilled Water?
No, you cannot drink distilled water. This is because the process of distillation also removes essential minerals and nutrients from the water while removing all the toxins. The process of distillation consists of boiling the water till it turns into water vapor. This water vapor is then captured and condensed back to the liquid state. It removes all the contaminants and toxins as well as the vital salts from the water. So, drinking this water can cause a mineral deficiency in your body which can be really harmful to your health. The water which is best for drinking is the spring water. (See Purpose of Thick Water)
10. What is the Cleanest Bottled Water?
The cleanest bottled water is Aquafina. This water is very clear as well as safe to drink. It is also affordable when compared to the other brands. It is highly preferred over other bottled water brands.