Different places have different weather simply because they are situated in different parts of the world. The characteristics of each of these places are different, which results in different climatic as well as weather conditions. It is important to know which factors cause the difference in weather and are responsible for the same. So, this article is going to talk about some of these factors and how they influence the weather. You will also get to know how to compare weather in two places. Read it till the end to know about some interesting things about weather and climate.
1. What are the Types of Weather?
There are 8 different types of weather. They are discussed below.
- Thunder and lightning
2. What Two Factors Cause the Difference in Weather?
Temperature and humidity cause the difference in weather. These factors are also the reason why the weather is different in cities.
- The temperature affects the air mass, which in turn affects the weather of the place. It decides how hot or cold the weather will be.
- Humidity is another factor that defines the weather. The dryness or wetness of the weather depends upon the humidity. Higher humidity means there is a high concentration of water vapor in the air which results in wet weather.
3. Why is Weather Different in Different States?
The difference in weather in different states depends upon several factors. These factors include the following.
- Amount of sunlight the place receives
- Height above the sea level
- The shape of the land
- Closeness to the oceans
4. Why Weather is Different in Cities?
Now you already know which factors cause the difference in weather, let’s see why the weather is different in cities. The weather is different in cities because the rural part of the city experiences cool weather compared to the urban part. The temperature of surface, soil and air are higher in the urban part. This is because the structures in urban areas are highly concentrated and the greenery is limited. This results in higher temperatures and warmer weather. This effect is known as the Urban Heat Island (UHI). Check out How to Write Weather Report?
5. How is Weather Different in Different Places?
Different places have different weather because of many reasons as mentioned earlier in the article.
6. What can be Used to Compare the Climate of Two Places?
The climate and weather is different in cities. The climates in the two places can be compared by studying and analyzing their temperature. Read the next pointer to know how to compare weather in two places.
7. How to Compare Weather in two Places?
Are you also wondering how to compare weather in two places? If so, here is the answer. Weather in two places can be compared using the temperatures of two places. (See What is Low Humidity Outside?)
8. How do you Compare Two Temperatures?
To compare two temperatures, measure the two temperatures first. The difference in temperature can be found by subtracting the lower temperature from the higher one. The larger reading is the warmer temperature while the lesser reading is the colder one. The comparison can be found by the difference obtained. The difference will show which temperature is higher and which is lower. Read the next pointers to know one measure for comparing climates.
9. How do You Compare Climate Graphs?
A climate graph shows the yearly temperature and the statistics of precipitation in a particular region. Climate graphs can be compared when you have the same category of data from two different places. The climate graph helps you to compare data from both places.
10. What is One Measure for Comparing Climates?
One measure for comparing climates is temperature. Climates can be compared by studying temperatures in different places and analyzing them.
11. Why do Different Places have Different Seasons?
Different places have different seasons because of the tilt of the earth’s axis. Earth’s axis is tilted with respect to its orbital plane. When the earth’s axis is pointing towards the sun, the summer season arrives for that hemisphere. And when the earth’s axis points away, the winter season arrives. So, because of this, the places located in different hemispheres face different seasons. (See What is the Importance of Seasons to You?)