Some people enjoy entertainment while others love to entertain. And if you have heard about flash mobs, then you know what I am talking about. Well then, today I will tell you about the ways of organizing a flash mob and planning a flash mob. You will also get to know about hiring a flash mob and joining a flash mob.
1. Flash Mob
A group of people who suddenly gather at a public place to perform and disperse is known as a flash mob. Their performances include dance, art, and satire. Flash mobs can be self-managed or they can be summoned to a designated location to perform.
If you want to organize a flash mob, you need to be creative. Other things to consider are tune, moves, day, date, location, reaction, cinematography, and promotion. (See What is a Community?)
2. First Flash Mob
The first known assembly of flash mobs was organized by the editor director of Harper Magazine, Bill Wasik in 2003. Though this flash mob was unsuccessful, it did not stop him from trying again. He again organized a flash mob on 17-June-2003 at the Macy’s department store. It was a huge success. (See Best Way to Listen to Music on the Go)
3. How to select the Tune while Planning a Flash Mob?
A flash mob should not be a mere dance performance because it will not attract everyone’s attention for a long duration. However, if you are creative enough to involve other acts and bring on the hidden talents of your teammates, then it can be more eye-catching. (See What Does Gangnam Style Mean?)
In organizing a flash mob, the tune is the soul of the performance. Therefore, arrange a good sound system and a song that suits the theme. Or you can also select one against the theme as it may be more noticeable. Also, check out what is a theme in art?
4. Is Practicing the Moves required before you decide the Date?
It is important to practice and learn all the moves as many times as possible with your team. It will increase the sync among you all and your final performance will be impressive. Must read how to play the Trumpet for Beginners?
The schedule is pre-set by the person who hired you, but when you are organizing it yourself, you need to select the right place and time. So, select a place that is a large place full of people who do not expect something like this to happen. Make sure to select the busiest hours of the day at the location. (See What is the Peanut Gallery?)
5. Importance of Cinematography, Reaction, and Promotion
Your sudden performance is surely going to surprise everyone, however, the level of your performance will have a lasting impression on them. You need to set up HD video cameras to record high-quality footage. If possible, hire someone to record a multi-camera shoot. The result will be a great source for your promotion. (See What Is Flamenco Dancing?)
Yes, you can upload that footage on your social media handles to get more offers. It will help in generating more buzz among people and the next time you will have lots of pre-audience for your flash mob. Also, check out the 16 famous flamenco dancers.
6. Is Hiring a Flash Mob an option?
If not organizing a flash mob, you can hire one. To hire a flash mob, you have to contact the flash mob community in your state. But before organizing a flash mob, you need to get permission from the local authorities. The cost of hiring a flash mob for an event starts at $2000 but can go up to a million dollars. The price mostly depends on the type of event you are hiring for. The charge for a corporate event is substantially higher than the usual event. (See What are the Characteristics of Population?)
7. How can you try joining a Flash Mob?
If you want to try your hand at this, then you have to keep yourself connected and updated on the flash mob network in your area. You can follow them on social media platforms and ask for the participation process. (See What does Running Through the Six mean?)
8. Times Square Flash Mob
There have been several flash mobs organized in Times Square, Manhattan, and New York City. It is the busiest place in the city and organizing a mob there surely attracts lots of attention. Many flash mobs were arranged to pay tribute to artists like Michael Jackson. While some flash mobs are to celebrate the success of songs or movies also.
9. Benefits of a Flash Mob
Flash mobs are organized for various purposes, like promoting a brand, or service, paying a tribute, showcasing cultural activities, or just for fun. Organizing a flash mob offers different types of benefits.
- Good for students: Many dance and opera schools organize flash mobs with their students. It encourages them to perform before an audience. This helps in improving their performance skills, reduces their stage fear, and boosts their morale. Must read about the examples of famous acrostic poems.
- Inexpensive: You must have tried various marketing and promotional strategies and tools. All of them are more or less out of the budget and do not differ from other advertising. People tend to ignore these kinds of ads which result in no or little lead generation. But a flash mob benefits you twice and forever. First, it generates physical promotion when in public. Second, it generates online customers through social media advertising. (See 10 Best Ventriloquist in the World)
- Captivates the audience and generates buzz: A group of people suddenly appears at a place to perform a song that is a recent favorite or a classic, then obviously it will captivate people’s attention. And online, people will share, re-tweet, and talk about the performance and the brand that organized it. It all depends on the performance and its lasting impact.
So, now you know about organizing a flash mob, hiring a flash mob, and joining a flash mob. At various times square flash mob has been trending on YouTube also. And you know that planning a flash mob can have various benefits for your business. (See What Does 42 Mean?)