Humans are attracted to modern as well as ancient things just the same. It is human nature to be curious about things they do not know about. Humans relate to ancient things more because they sort of find a connection with them. However, not everything from the past is useful. Sometimes, these ancient things are harmful like the ancient peat side effects that some of us have discovered lately. Have you heard about this ancient peat extract and where does ancient peat come from? Let’s find it out.
1. What is Peat?
A substance that looks like soil and is formed by the partial decomposition of vegetable and plant matter or organic matter is known as peat. It is a dark deposit that forms by the acidic conditions of bogs and fens. This peat is cut out and dried to be used as fuel and a supply for gardening. (See What is Environmental Manipulation of Crops?)
2. What is Ancient Peat?Photo by Sigmund on Unsplash
The term ancient peat is used to refer to fossilized plants. The peat formed by the partially decomposed plants in their fossil form before the onset of the ice age is termed the ancient peat. (Also see Are Sea Anemones Plants or Animals?)
3. Where does Ancient Peat come from?
After the ice age retreated, about 12,000 years ago, these reserves were exposed. Now humans have intervened with these reserves and are using them. So, where does ancient peat come from? In the soil of Europe, among the acidic conditions of bogs and fens, these ancient peat reserves have been discovered. After the glaciers subsided, huge peat lands were formed. (See What are Factors affecting Soil Weathering?)
4. What is Ancient Peat Extract?
The proprietary clinically researched combination of water was extracted from the ancient peat and apple extract. This combination of both extracts is known as the ancient peat extract which is rich in carbon, magnesium, oxygen, nitrogen, and sulfur. (See Where do Animals get Nitrogen from?)
5. What is Apple Extract made of?
Apple peel is the main ingredient in making apple extracts. Additionally, the apple extracts contain 10 apple polyphenols which are added and combined with other polyphenols that are found in grape, cocoa, black ginger, citrus, and other herbal extracts. Must read the 11 Health Benefits of Eating Ice Apple Fruit.
6. What does Apple Polyphenol support?
Similar to other polyphenols, apple polyphenols also support the following things in the human body.
- Regulate mitochondrial fitness
- Supports gut microbiome
- Promotes antioxidant defenses
7. What is Ancient Peat used for?Photo by Zoe Schaeffer on Unsplash
Ancient peat combined with apple extracts is used in supplements. It is used to enhance resistance training-induced muscle hypertrophy and stimulate ATP production. It does not affect fat mass and blood chemistry in healthy males. It is also used in ElevATP product that is a natural combination of apple polyphenols and ancient peat. After learning where does ancient peat come from, let’s learn more about peat & ATP. (See What are the Uses of Soil?)
8. What is ATP?
Adenosine Triphosphate or ATP is an energy-carrying cell. This cell is present in the body of every living organism. The chemical energy that is released by the breakdown of food molecules is captured by these cells. After that, it releases this energy to fuel other cellular processes taking place in the body. Therefore, this cell is also considered an energy molecule. (See What is ATP Meaning in Text?)
9. What are the Uses of ATP?
In human beings, artificial or supplemental methods are used to increase the Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) levels for a better and faster working body. The following are the works of Adenosine Triphosphate:
- Substrate phosphorylation
- Taken At the time of muscle contraction during a workout
- Transferring and storing energy in cells
- For the transportation of ion
- To carry out chemical synthesis
- For respiration
- For endocytosis
10. Is it Safe to take ATP on Normal Days?
There are days when you take off from working out, and wonder whether or not to take the adenosine triphosphate supplements. However, your body will work in the regular form as it is required to even if you do not take it.
- You can take the supplement in its regular serving about 20 to 30 minutes before having breakfast or on an empty stomach, approximately.
- While on training days, you need to take the supplement about 30 to 60 minutes before the workout. (See Busted! 27 Myths About Fitness Exercises and Workouts)
But always consult your doctor before taking any supplements or medicine as there are side effects too.
11. What is the Use of Peat in Plants?
Peat moss is used for various purposes in plants. It is considered the most important component of potting soil and a medium for starting seeds to germinate. The following features make it useful for plants:
- It has good moisture holding and retaining capacity.
- It can release moisture to the roots of the plant as and when needed.
- It is capable of holding other nutrients present in soil and water. This prevents the rinsing away of these nutrients from the soil when the plant is watered.
- It is capable of lasting for several years.
- Plants capable of growing in acidic soil thrive in the presence of peat.
- It is free of bacteria, weed seeds, and fungi.
12. How does Peat Affect The Soil?Photo by Glen Carrie on Unsplash
Peat is highly acidic in nature. This acidity can reduce the potential of Hydrogen (pH levels) in alkaline soil. It is beneficial in bringing down the alkaline levels in the soil. You can test your soil and add peat to it for better and less alkaline soil. (See What are some Plants that prevent Soil Erosion?)
13. How to take a Supplement?
After discovering where does ancient peat come from, researchers found a better way to use them for human health. Since it is a pre-workout supplement, it should be taken almost 30 minutes before you start the workout. A dosage of not more than 150 milligrams is prescribed per day. According to the research, each serving of 150 milligrams increases muscle strength and increases muscle building. (See Where are Most Triglycerides Stored in the Body?)
14. What are Ancient Peat Side Effects?
People have been consuming peat to energize and activate their cells, but everything in excess can harm the body and have certain side effects. However, there have not been any recorded side effects of ancient peat, but take a look at the following possible ancient peat side effects due to overconsumption.
- Can disturb daily body functions if the person suddenly starts or stops consuming it.
- Excess consumption may disturb bowel movements.
- A person may feel lethargic if the consumption pattern is disturbed.
- If the person is allergic to some of the content present in the extract, he may have developed allergic reactions.
These are not actual outcomes but might be possible outcomes. These are some general possibilities that might originate due to overdosage of anything or any drug or medicine. Consult a doctor or physician before administering any medicine or drug.
The answers to questions about where does ancient peat come from and what ancient peat extracts are discussed above. If you found this piece informative, share it with your friends and relatives. (Also read Why Plants in the Tundra retain their Dead Leaves?)