1 What does the diamond-shaped traffic sign signify?
Whenever you see a diamond-shaped sign, it indicates warnings. It is usually seen to warn you on a divided highway, before construction sites, road work ahead, dead-end, deer crossing, or about some other situations to make you alert.
2 What does Rectangular signs, Pentagons signs, and Circular signs indicate?
Rectangular signs signify the longer direction provided with the guidance information. Pentagons signs represent school zones, and circular signs is an indication to warn you of a railroad crossing.
3 How many colours of traffic signs are there?
Traffic signs appear in eight different colours, including red, yellow, white, green, orange, black, brown, and blue.
4 What is the relevance of all diamond-shaped road signs appearing in different colours?
1. Warning signs- Usually appears in red, white, and yellow colour indicating some hazards ahead
2. Road Work Ahead- These signs are used in a construction or work zone
3. School Zone- School Zone diamond-shaped traffic signs are printed on a vertical sign to alert drivers. They are designed to ensure the speed limits, especially for the school zones.
4. Yield sign- Yield signs are located at intersections in red and white colour.
5. Divided Highway- It is a road with a median strip. Primarily, it is meant for ensuring the safety of the traffic running on the same road in opposite directions.
6. Dead End- Dead end sign always appears before the last intersecting street to make the drivers alert to avoid the dead end. These signs are indicated mostly with yellow and sometimes with red or white.
7. Deer crossing- These signs indicate the locations where deers tend to funnel through. Deer crossing signs are very warning indicators to alert drivers about the possibility of animal presence on the road ahead. The animals may include ducks, geese, and turtle.
8. Shoulder Work- Shoulder work signs are used on the highways to the side of the regular road where the road work is undergoing. These signs are the indicators to warn the drivers about the obstructions ahead to prevent accidents.
9. No outlet- It is very different from a dead end as it signifies a route that crosses other streets within the neighbourhood. In other words, it implies that one needs to exit from the same way, they came in.
10. Winding Road- Winding road signs signifies three or more curves ahead. They are accompanied by speed signs that indicate the fastest speed at which to take turns.
5 Different warning signs on the road
•Unusual vehicles on the roadway
•Animals crossing the roadway
•Curves and corners
•Road work or construction
•Lane start and end
•Merge to stay through traffic
•Crosswinds or side winds
•Levels crossing (railway crossing)
•Roads with one entry point
6 Where can you purchase Road Signs from?
Whether you want to buy a temporary indicator for a construction project, or a permanent road sign for your society, you can buy all the related stuff from websites including, IndiaMART, Circleone, Safetysigns, Amazon, Trafficsigns, and many others.