Gluten is a protein found in most wheat products that function as a glue to keep wheat, barley, Kamut, spelt, farro, durum, bulgur, rye, and semolina together. Pure whisky is safe for a gluten-free diet. This is due to the distillation process removing any gluten-containing grains. If you consume alcohol, you should be aware of which types and brands are gluten-free, especially if you follow a gluten-free diet for health reasons. The article below is an attempt to answer the question, is Crown Royal gluten free? And then the discussion will include the crown royal ingredients and much more about the brand.
1. Give a Brief History of Crown Royal
- King George VI and Queen Elizabeth became the first reigning monarchs to visit Canada in 1939, coming by boat and covering the huge North American distance by train. When a Canadian spirits entrepreneur heard the historic news, he set out to create a whisky fit for the Royal Couple – an unusually generous gift fit for royalty. With excellence in mind, he painstakingly tested over 600 mixtures before presenting the finished product in a cut-glass decanter and regal purple bag with gold stitching.
- The whisky he delivered to the King and Queen was an exceptionally smooth blend of approximately fifty whiskies that became known as Crown Royal. The royal train was filled with ten cases of the royal blend.
- Crown Royal was introduced in the United States in the 1960s and has since become Canada’s best-selling whisky.
- To this day, every drop of Crown Royal is created to fulfill the same stringent standards, making it the greatest whisky of all time, according to many discerning palates.
2. Is Crown Royal Gluten Free?
Yes, Crown Royal claims their whisky is gluten-free. However, consumers are advised to stick to potato rum or vodka if they are a beginner in the gluten-free lifestyle. Read Is Skyy Vodka Gluten Free?
3. Who Owns Crown Royal?
First thing first, who owns Crown Royal? Crown Royal is owned by Diageo, who bought the brand when the Seagram portfolio was liquidated in 2000.
4. What are the Crown Royal Ingredients present in its Whisky?
As you are aware of whether is crown royal gluten free or not, note that the Crown Royal distillery uses a variety of barrels and casks to mature its whisky. There are virgin wood barrels, burnt oak barrels, wine casks, and cognac casks. They can enhance particular flavors and fragrances in their various products by employing these varied casks and barrels. Crown Royal does not meet the criteria for Scotch Whisky or Whiskey. The ingredients in your favorite Crown Royal are Corn (64%), rye (33%), and malted barley (5%) which are distilled and aged individually and provide you with the finest Canadian whisky manufactured. (See Is Jack Daniels Gluten Free?)
5. What is Crown Royal Percentage of Alcohol present in it?
Since it got clear whether or not is crown royal gluten free, let’s discover the crown royal percentage of alcohol in their whisky, which is around 40% for a bottle of 750 mL.
6. Is Crown Royal Made in USA?
No, Crown Royal, is a Canadian blended whisky brand. Crown Royal was created in 1939 by Samuel Bronfman of Seagram to celebrate King George VI and Queen Elizabeth’s visit to Canada. It is the best-selling Canadian whisky in the US. However, if you are wondering whether is crown royal made in USA, then the answer would be that it is blended and bottled in Amherst burg, Ontario, while it is manufactured in Gimli, Manitoba. Check out Where is Skyy Vodka Made?
7. Who is the Crown Royal Manufacturer?
Crown Royal, often known as Seagram’s Crown Royal is manufactured in Gimli, Manitoba, with the whisky blending and bottling taking place in Amherst burg, Ontario. So, crown royal manufacturers are in both Manitoba and Ontario, with production, blending, and bottling taking place in both locations. It was originally created by Seagram and owned by Diageo since 2000.