It won’t be wrong to say that Word is the most widely used commercial word processor. In some form or others, you must have worked on Word. It is easy to use and it makes your content look really presentable. But not everyone knows how to do the optimum use of Word. To make the best out of it, you should know about the small tips and tricks related to it. Like, as how to make all periods bigger in Word, or how to enlarge all fonts in Word, etc. These things may seem of little importance but they have the capability to create a major difference in your content representation.
1. How do You Broaden Lines in Word?
To broaden lines in Word, you should follow these steps:
Step 1. Firstly, select the line you want to change. If you want to change multiple lines select the first line, and then press and hold while you select the other lines.
Step 2. Now click the Shape Format tab and then click the arrow next to Shape Outline.
Step 3. Go to the Weight and click the line weight of your desire.
Step 4. To create a custom line weight, click More Lines, and then choose the options that you want.
2. How do You Enlarge all Fonts in Word?
Before you know how to make all periods bigger in Word, let’s discuss how you can enlarge all fonts in Word by following these steps:
Step 1. Firstly, open the Word document in which you want to enlarge all fonts.
Step 2. Now select all text in the Word document by pressing Ctrl+A.
Step 3. Under the Home tab, click the desired font size in the Font Size box.
Step 4. You can also type in any size you want between 1 and 1638, in multiples of .5.
3. Which Option is Used to Increase the Size of the Font?
Besides wondering how to make all periods bigger in Word, additionally note that to increase the size of the font in Word, you need to select that particular font. Then you need to go to the Home tab and click the desired font size in the Font Size box. You can also type in any size you want between 1 and 1638, in multiples of .5. (Also see How Big is a Centimetre Actual Size?)
4. Can Teachers Tell if You Increase Period Size?
Almost every student has been in a situation where their term paper is a bit shorter than the minimum number of pages required by the teacher. In such cases, students pad their paper using the Period-14 trick. This trick increases your period size and makes your writing look a bit longer. In most cases, the professors and teachers can’t tell if you have an increased period size. Your paper and a normal paper will look very similar. So, don’t panic, take a deep breath and increase your period size. After this, let’s learn how to make all periods bigger in Word.
5. How to Make all Periods Bigger in Word?
In Microsoft Word, making a format change usually requires you to select the content to modify and then choose the new setting. The punctuation marks used in Word documents are very important as they help people read your information the manner you want. If you think that the periods you have used are too small, either when you print the document or when looking at the screen, then you should increase their size. To learn how to make all periods bigger in Word, follow these steps:
Step 1. Open the desired document in Microsoft Word.
Step 2. Now at the top of the window, click the Home tab.
Step 3. Click the Replace button at the far-right end of the ribbon.
Step 4. Type a period in the Find what field and type a period into the Replace with field (keep your mouse cursor in the Replace with the field, as the font size you set below will be based on which field that cursor is in).
Step 5. Now click the More button at the bottom-left of the window.
Step 6. At the bottom-left of the window, click the Format button and then select the Font option.
Step 7. Now select the desired font size for the replacement period and then click on the Ok button.
Step 8. Finally, to complete the process of making all periods in your document larger, click the Replace All button.
6. How do You Make Your Paper Look Longer on Your Period?
After going through the steps of how to make all periods bigger in Word, let’s see how you can make your paper look longer on your period. You can make your paper look longer on your period by using the pad trick or Period-14 trick. This simple trick makes your paper noticeably longer and the best part is that your professor or teacher won’t be able to tell a difference between your paper and a normal paper. Follow these steps to achieve this goal:
Step 1. Open the desired document in Microsoft Word.
Step 2. Click the Replace button at the far-right end of the Home Tab. The find and replace dialog box appears.
Step 3. In the Find With box type a period.
Step 4. In the Replace With box type a period.
Step 5. Now click the More button and then select the Format button at the bottom of the dialog box. From the drop-down menu select Font.
Step 6. Select Font size 14 (one tip for you is to select two font sizes above the required size. For instance, if your professor wants you to use font size 10, use font size 12)
Step 7. Click on Ok.
7. How do You Expand an Essay? How do You Bulk Up an Essay? How do You Inflate an Essay?
After learning the way to make your paper look longer on your period or how to make all periods bigger in Word, let’s learn about the ways to expand an essay. It’s pretty hectic to write essays for assignments, especially when one is required to meet a certain word count or page count. It’s actually not that hard to expand an essay. Just follow these simple tips and you will be easily able to bulk up an essay:
- Always write with a plan: An essay can easily end in a page or a half if you don’t prepare a proper plan about the points you want to mention in it. When you notice something is amiss in your essay, it will be too late to reintroduce the topic and you will have to major changes in your essay. To avoid this, write about all the things you want to add in your introduction, body, and conclusion. Frame your essay around these pre-planned points.
- Quotations are an essay’s best friend: One of the safest ways to inflate your essay’s word count is to use quotations in it. Read beforehand and select some relevant quotes for your essay. Plan where you want to place them, it saves you from rewriting huge chunks. Don’t overdo quotes and try to maintain the essence of your content.
- Use relevant Examples: Justify the points in your article with relevant examples. It not only makes your essay long but also creates more understandable content for the reader. It shows that you know what you are talking about and you have done ample research. Use photos, schemes, texts, graphics, and other such examples to support your arguments in the article.
- Use transitions words and phrases: These words as well as sentences are used to connect two ideas together. For example, thus, so, therefore, however, likewise, in conclusion, with regards to this, etc.
- Expand your para: Go through your article and look at things that may not be fully clear to the reader. If the essay isn’t clear, it isn’t successful. Explain things using a few more words. Explain basics, define terms if you have used them, and if there is jargon, explain them as well.
- Add evidence and reference: To make a good and strong essay, it is always advisable to add more evidence as well as references that support the evidence. Read your essay again and see how can you better support each point you are making. If it’s a persuasive essay, also think about the points one can make while disagreeing with your thesis. Add evidence that can counter these disagreements.
- Expand your descriptions: If you are writing a personal or descriptive essay then descriptions are immensely important. Bring sensory and imagery details into your easy. Think like someone in the situation you are describing.
- Rethink your word choices: Choose the right words and phrases to inflate your essay. Make a list of the weak words in your essay and replace them with better options. You can use a thesaurus for it. It’s completely okay if the new words are long or if there are more words to convey a situation.
- Get rid of abbreviations and contractions: There is no rule that says that it’s wrong to use contractions in essays but if you are writing something serious then avoid them. They make your writing look too casual. Replace contractions with longer versions. Similarly, abbreviations are also too casual and aren’t the correct choice for essays.
- Make a solid conclusion: One of the best tricks to expand your essay is to make a longer conclusion. Read your essay from the perspective of a reader and ask yourself if your essay sounds final or not. And if it is conveying what you want to convey to the reader? If not, make a more solid conclusion.
8. What is the Function of Ctrl B in MS Word?
Since you know how to make all periods bigger in Word and how to expand an essay, let’s see the function of Ctrl B in MS Word. This command makes the selected text bold. People use bold to emphasize certain words and sentences. It’s to make sure that the reader doesn’t overlook these words and sentences. These bold items have immense importance in the document. (Also read What is a Text Structure Definition?)