When most people think of the Spanish language, they likely imagine vacationing in a sunny destination like Barcelona or Madrid. And while those are great places to practice your Español, there’s so much more to this rich and diverse language than that. Did you know that Spanish is the second most spoken language globally? Also, it is easy to tell the time in Spanish. In this post, let’s take a look at how do you say 12:30 in Spanish or how to say 12:30 in Spanish to be able to converse with your friends and family members who speak Spanish. Here is some information on how to get started.
1. How to Tell Time in Spanish: Telling Time in Spanish
To tell the time in Spanish, you first need to learn how to say the numbers from 1 to 12. The Spanish words for the numbers from 1 to 12 are given in the next segment. Once you know how to say the numbers in Spanish, telling time is easy. Just say the number followed by en (for in) and the hour. For example, Diez en la mañana means 10 a.m. . Here are some more examples:
- Tres en la Tarde means 3 p.m.
- Nueve en la Noche means 21 p.m. (literally, nine in the night)
Or in order to tell the time, you can add son, las, and the respective numbers to it. How do you say 12:30 in Spanish? Remember that Spanish uses a 24-hour clock, so you’ll need to use a few different words to tell the time if it’s after 12 p.m. (See How many Minutes are there in a Year?)
2. Spanish Numbers 1-30: Counting from 1 to 30 in Spanish
The numbers from 1 to 30 are written in Spanish and they are given below. (Also read What is Grandfather Clock History?)
- 1 is Uno
- 2 is Dos
- 3 is Tres
- 4 is Cuatro
- 5 is Cinco
- 6 is Seis
- 7 is Siete
- 8 is Ocho
- 9 is Nueve
- 10 is Diez
- 11 is Once
- 12 is Doce
- 13 is Trece
- 14 is Catorce
- 15 is Quince
- 16 is Dieciseis
- 17 is Diecisiete
- 18 is Dieciocho
- 19 is Diecinueve
- 20 is Veinte
- 21 is Veintiuno
- 22 is Veintidos
- 23 is Veintitres
- 24 is Veinticuatro
- 25 is Veinticinco
- 26 is Veintiseis
- 27 is Veintisiete
- 28 is Veintiocho
- 29 is Veintinueve
- 30 is Treinta. (See How to Write 1 Million in Numbers?)
3. What is the Word for 12 pm in Spanish?
Assuming you mean 12 pm (noon), this would be Son las doce de la Noche in Spanish. Doce is the word for 12, and Noche means night. (See What Does the Spanish phrase ‘Te Amo Mi Amor’ mean in English?)
4. What are Three Ways to Say 12 o’clock in Spanish?
En español, there are three ways to say 12 o’clock, Son las doce, Son las 12 del día, and Son las doce de la noche.
- Son las doce is the most common way to say it and is used in both formal and informal settings.
- Son las 12 del día is a more literal translation of 12 o’clock and is mainly used about the time of day.
- Son las doce de la noche is another way of referring to noon in Spanish. (See What does “Cabrón” mean in Mexican Spanish?)
5. How do you Say 30 in Spanish?
The number 30 in Spanish is treinta. To say it out loud, you would say tray-ehn-tah. When writing it out, you can abbreviate it as 30 or use the symbol trenta. If you need to say thirty in a sentence, for example, I am thirty years old; you would say Tengo treinta años.
So if you want to know how do you say 12:30 in Spanish, the trick is to add son, las, and the respective numbers (respective hours and minutes) to it, which are 12(Doce) and 30(Treinta) in this case. Finally, 12:30 in Spanish will be, Son las doce treinta. (See What is a Circle Degree Chart?)
6. When telling Time in Spanish, What is the Phrase used to indicate that it is a Quarter Past The Hour?
Quarter past the hour means cuarto de hora in Spanish if you are wondering how do you say 12:30 in Spanish. For example, if it is 4:15 pm, you would say Son las cuatro y cuarto, which means it is 4:15. (See How many seconds are there in a year?)
7. Is 12:00 PM Midnight or Noon?
On the 12-hour clock, noon is 12:00 PM. On the 24-hour clock, which is also called military time, midnight is 0000 hours, and noon is 1200 hours if you are still wondering about how to say 12:30 in Spanish? (See What is A.M. and P.M. in Time?)
8. Is 12:00 AM Midnight or Noon?
Technically speaking, 12:00 AM is the beginning of the day, and noon if it is the middle of the day. However, most people consider midnight to be the start of the night and noon to be the middle of the day. So it really depends on your perspective, but by convention, 12:00 AM is midnight when you might have the desire to understand how do you say 12:30 in Spanish. (See Why Do We Have Different Time Zones?)
9. How do you Respond to que es?
There are a few different ways to respond to que es?
- Depending on the context and your relationship with the person asking if you’re speaking to someone informally, you can simply say what is it, or, what does that mean?
- If you’re speaking to someone formally, you might want to say I’m sorry, I don’t understand or could you please explain what that means?
- If you’re not sure what the person is asking, you can ask for clarification by saying something like, can you tell me more about what you’re asking? (See What does the Spanish term ‘te quiero mucho’ mean in English?)
If you’re looking for a way to boost your career opportunities, learning to speak Spanish could be the key. Hope you got to know how do you say 12:30 in Spanish flawlessly and how to say 12:30 in Spanish? (See How Long is a Decade and a Century?)