When learning about fractions, you learn about converting fraction values into percentages. Mathematics is all about following certain steps to solve a problem. There are mainly three methods for converting fraction values into percentages. The conversion process from fraction to percentage also helps you find grades. How to calculate the percentage? What is 18/20 as a percentage? How to carry out fraction to percentage conversion? How to find grades from scores and percentages? Continue reading to get an answer to these queries.
1. What is 18/20 as a Percentage? 18 out of 20 is What Percent?
In the fraction to percentage conversion, the percentage is obtained by multiplying any number by 100. On converting the fraction value like 18/20 to percentage, we get a decimal value of 0.9. To get the percentage, we have to multiply decimal values with 100. The answer to what is 18/20 as a percentage is 90%.
- To find the decimal value, 18/20 = 0.9
- To convert to percentage, 0.9 × 100 = 90%. (See What Is 0.5?)
2. 18 is What Percent of 20? Express 18/20 in Percentage?
There are three ways to express a fraction as a percentage:
- Convert the fraction to a decimal first by dividing. Then, multiply the answer by 100.
- Divide the numerator by 100. Then, multiply both numerator and denominator by the answer. Finally, multiply the resultant value by 100.
- Divide 100 by the denominator. Then, multiply both the numerator and denominator by the answer. Finally, multiply the resultant decimal value by 100. (See What is the Very Last Number in the World?)
What is 18/20 as a percentage? Thus, on calculating, 18 out of 20 in percentage is 90%. The second and third methods look quite more complex than the first one. Let us look into the second method in steps:
Here, 18 is the numerator, and 20 is the denominator.
- 18/100 = 0.18
- (18 × 0.18)/(20 × 0.18) = 3.24/3.6 = 0.9
- 0.9 × 100 = 90%. Also, check out what is Three Eighths as a decimal?
3. What Grade is 18 out of 20?
The grading system is a process of evaluating the scores by a certain grade scale. According to the grading system, 18 out of 20, i.e., 90%, is graded as O−. Must read what are the types of functions?
4. How is Grade Determined? How to calculate your Grade in a Class?
Grading is another way of representing the scoring percentage. Grading is done according to the total points possible from different criteria, including assignments, class performance, attendance, etc. The grades can be estimated by a fraction to percentage conversion.
- The grades are determined by dividing a student’s total score by total points.
- Then, the points are divided into several categories according to the grade book. The grading system varies from one education system to another.
Consider the above table. Here, the total score is 20, and the student got 18. So by multiplying the decimal value of 18/20 by 100, we get the required percentage.
- 18/20 = 0.9
- 0.9 × 100 = 90%
Then, check out the percentage received from the grade book to find the grades. Here, the grade is O−. Also, check out what Is algebra used for in real life?
5. What is 18.5 out of 20 in Percentages?
After knowing what is 18/20 as a percentage, you might wonder what 18.5/20 in percentage is. In mathematics, when you talk about percentage, it is a number or any ratio that can be expressed as a fraction of 100. To convert the numerical value of 18.5 out of 20 to a percentage, you need to divide 18.5 by 20. Then, multiply the decimal received by 100. The value received is the required percentage.
Calculating 18.5/20 in percentage:
- 18.5/20 = 0.925
- 0.925 × 100 = 92.5%.
Therefore, on calculating the percentage for 18.5 out of 20, you get 92.5%. You can also use the above shown online fraction to percenatge conversion calculator to do it. Must read what is the decimal for 3/4?
6. What is 19 out of 20 as Percentage?
In the fraction to percentage conversion of 19 out of 20, you have to carry out certain steps:
Here, 19 is the numerator, and 20 is the denominator.
- 100/20 = 5
- (19 × 5)/(20 × 5) = 95/100 = 0.95
- 0.95 × 100 = 95%.
Thus, 19 out of 20 is 95%. (See When Were Numbers invented?)
7. Express 17 out of 20 as a Percentage?
Similarly, finding 17/20 in percentage is easier. Let’s try out the simplest method:
- 17/20 = 0.85
- 0.85 × 100 = 85%
Hence, 17 out of 20 in percentage is 85%. (See How many Sides does a Pentagon have?)
8. Is a 17 out of 20 a Good Grade?
Yes, 17 out of 20 is a good score. According to the grade chart given above, it is A+. In the percentage form, 17 out of 20 is 85%. It is above average score. (Also read Flip a Coin 100 Times How many Heads or Tails would appear?)