There has been a never-ending debate over Tomato being a fruit or a vegetable. Either way, if you are a tomato lover, then your knowledge of recipes for fresh tomatoes from garden should not be limited. Read below to learn more!
1. Tomato Salad
If you prefer a simple starter and want something healthy, then salad is a good choice as it is quick and easy to prepare. Moreover, you can experiment with different flavors. For instance, you can add a few drops of vinegar, some chive leaves, spices, and olive oil in your tomato salad recipe to have a flavor of tanginess. There are a ton of other easy recipes with fresh tomatoes that you can try but if you are just a beginner at cooking, then this is probably the best option for you.
2. Eggs & Tomato
One of the easy recipes for fresh tomatoes from garden is eggs and tomato. If you haven’t tried it yet, then you have missed out on a perfect morning breakfast. It is very simple to make. You just need to boil a couple of eggs, add in some chopped tomatoes & vegetables, and voila! Your healthy, protein-filled breakfast is ready. (See What are some foods that start with the letter E?)
3. Tomato Pickles
Another easy recipe for fresh tomatoes from garden is Pickles. They play a very important role as they constitute an essential element of food in many households across various cultures. So, having the knowledge of making pickles is something you should definitely learn. Or, simply experiment with it to make different recipes of your liking.
Moreover, it isn’t that difficult to make. All you need is red chili powder, cumin seeds, salt, sugar, oil, curry leaves, mustard seeds, asafoetida, urad dal, and washed tomatoes cut into slices or halves. So, when a pickle is made following a traditional recipe, the results may surprise you. There might even come a time when your food would feel incomplete without the pickle. Hence, this is one of the easy recipes with fresh tomatoes.
4. Pizza with Tomato Toppings
Don’t you love eating a flavourful slice of pizza? Making a pizza at home is way easier than you think. You just need to make a base using all-purpose flour, yeast, warm water, and salt. Then, add cheese, basil, toppings of your choice, and tomatoes. Lastly, bake it in an oven and. You will have a pizza ready to eat within 15-20 minutes.
Pizza has been popular for a very long time, all around the globe. Hence, it is a dish that is often experimented on with a variety of ingredients. There are over a thousand ways to make a pizza. So, you too can experiment with it and make a pizza of your choice. (See Who Invented Pizza?)
5. Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce
Although spaghetti and meatballs are famous, when you are a vegan, you need to start getting creative with your dishes even more. You need to make something that is quick and easy so that your hunger doesn’t die down. Hence, this recipe for fresh tomatoes from garden includes making tomato sauce-based spaghetti.
This recipe requires only 20 minutes. Boil a couple of tomatoes in warm water, and grind them after peeling. Also, side-by-side, half cook your spaghetti in a different bowl. Then, mix the tomato sauce and spaghetti, add in salt and pepper for taste, and finally some cheese shavings. Now, it is ready to be gobbled down. Thus, it features on our list of easy recipes with fresh tomatoes from garden.
6. Tomato Chicken
One of the recipes for fresh tomatoes from garden is Tomato Chicken. You need to ensure that chicken gets the proper heat and cooking time with the right amount of ingredients. To make this,
- First combine tomatoes, chicken, garlic, red chili powder, ginger, turmeric, and salt in a large bowl.
- Let the pieces of chicken marinate in the mixture overnight or at least for 2 hours so that it can soak in the spices and flavors.
- Then, put the chicken pieces in a cooking pan or bowl with a high flame on your stove.
- Now, add the sauce and let the chicken cook evenly on both sides, i.e., until all the pieces are golden-brown.
You will thoroughly enjoy this tangy and spicy recipe, if prepared properly. (See 7-Eleven Double Gulp Facts)
7. Tomato & Salmon
Another recipe for fresh tomatoes from garden is tomato and salmon. It takes 30 minutes to be fully prepared and serves two people. The procedure to cook tomato and salmon is given below:
- First, preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius or 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, line a baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil and spray it with non-stick cooking oil or butter. Then, place the marinated salmon fillets gently onto the foil sheet.
- If you want the basil and tomatoes to be a little cooked or crispy, then put on some pieces of each on top or sides of the salmon pieces.
- Next, drizzle some olive oil, and put the baking tray inside the oven for 15 minutes.
- Afterward, drizzle the cheese on top, and put it in for 5 minutes again.
- When the cheese and salmon are golden-brown, remove the tray, and finish the look of the recipe with the slices of lemon.
Even though these recipes for fresh tomatoes from garden are simple, but if you add something in excess or too little then, it can turn out to be a huge disaster. So, don’t forget to be mindful while making these dishes. Bon Appetit! (Also read Why is Strawberry not a Berry?)