The modern-day Gregorian calendar has 12 months in a year. Do you remember counting months on your knuckles during your childhood? Yeah, that knuckle theory helps remember how many months have 31 days, how many months have 30 days, and so on. The higher joint parts represented 31-day months, and the lower parts between the joints, 30-day months or lower. But, how many months of the year have 28 days? There’s a trick behind this question. Let’s find that out!
1. How many Months of the Year have 28 Days?
Typically speaking, all 12 months in a year have 28 days! Yes, this is the trick. Each month has at least 28 days to start with. So, next time someone asks you how many months of the year have 28 days, answer them 12! But if we look at the calendar, only one month has only 28 days. (See How Many Number of Days in a Month?)
2. Which Months of the Year have 28 Days?
As we have already guessed the name, let’s answer this. February, the 2nd month of the year, is the only month with just 28 days. All the other months have more than 28 days. To know more about it, check out the article, How Many Months Have 28 Days?
3. How many Months have 30 Days?
Seemingly, all the other months except February have a minimum of 30 days throughout the year. So, a total of 11 months have at least 30 days. However, according to the calendar, four of the 12 months of the year have 30 days. Also, check out what does 4 score and 7 years ago mean?
4. Which Months of the Year have 30 Days?
After knowing how many months have 30 days, we can easily count these months on the calendar. The four months are April, June, September, and November. But except for February, every other month has a minimum of 30 days. (See How many months is 90 days?)
5. How many Months have 31 Days?
While asking how many months of the year have 28 days, you might ask for months with 31 days. The number of months with 31 days is higher than the number of months with 30 days in a year. First, you need to count all the months that do not have 31 days and then subtract them from 12. So, February and the other four make it five. So, the answer is seven months. (See How Long is a Decade and a Century?)
6. Which Months of the Year have 31 Days?
Let’s remove all the non-31-day months from the calendar and count to see how many months have 31 days. The seven months with 31 days are January, March, May, July, August, October, and December. (See What Is The Average Amount Of Workdays In A Month?)
7. What is the Shortest Month of the Year?
As we already know the answer to this, February is the shortest month of the year. It has only 28 days, which increases to 29 days on a leap year. Have you ever wondered why February is the shortest month on the calendar? Additionally, it is the only month impacted by the leap year, which adds an extra day to the calendar year to keep it in line with the astronomical or seasonal year. With the addition of January and February and a new calendar with 12 lunar cycles totaling 355 days, February was the year’s final month.
The calendar was synchronized with the solar cycle, which had 365 days during Julius Caesar’s reign. The calendar started with February, which had a total of 28 days in a typical year, three times every four years. A leap year occurs every four years and has 366 days in a year. (See What Year is it actually?)
8. What is February Famous for?
Even though February is the shortest month of the year, it still contains a lot of significant holidays and celebrations in its 28 or, in a leap year, 29 days.
- It is packed with many important days and events and marks the beginning of a new lunar year.
- Furthermore, we have the famous Valentine’s Day and Black History Month in February.
- Due to the popularity of Valentine’s Week among young people, the 2nd week of February is also known as National Flirting Week.
- Coincidentally, February 14th coincides with World Marriage Day and Valentine’s Day. This means you can propose to your partner and get married on the same day!
- This month is also declared National Weddings Month due to the highest number of weddings occurring worldwide. (See 10 Romantic Valentine’s Day Proposals)
This brings us to a conclusion. After reading the article, we hope you can answer this question: how many months of the year have 28 days? All months have 28 days. And how many months have 30 days? All except February! You did a great job here; it was tricky but awesome! Have a great year ahead! (See What Century are We Living in Now?)