If you are fond of music, you have undoubtedly heard of earbuds. Earbuds are speakers placed very close to your ears unless they’re too small. In fact, every speaker is so tiny that it efficiently closes the outer ear space. However, do you wonder how do earbuds work? Also, you might ask how to use wireless earbuds. Continue reading to know the answer.
1. What is the Basic Function of the Earbud?
The first query that comes to your thoughts is how do earbuds work? It all started with a transducer, a device that converts energy from one state to another. A pair of earbuds mainly works with the whole circuit of transducers. These transducers convert the produced energy into sound in the form of waves. Basically, each earbud is just like every other circuit, the supply force takes the input energy from the battery and produces the output due to the transducer circuit as sound or music. (Also read All Battery Sizes with Pictures)
2. How do Wired Earbuds Work?
How do earbuds work? To know this, first, let us learn the operation of wired earbuds. The special features of wired earbuds are as follows:
- Each earbud is a circuit, and the circuit cannot exist as an unmarried cable without the battery. To make the whole circuit work, each earbud includes wires that connect to the transducer and the other to the ground voltage. (Also read Why smartphones are so popular?)
- If you open the whole earbud and see its structure, you would locate the two strings wrapped in a plastic area, known as a diaphragm dangles over a circular steel plate. A permanent magnet is attached to the center of the steel plate, above which the diaphragm travels.
- The conductor turns into an electric-powered magnet and so the electromagnetic force vibrates as it sends the signal. Due to the polarity collision, the magnets apply a force that causes the diaphragm connected to the coil to move, causing the air around it to vibrate. In this way, you can hear the sound coming out from the grill full of holes. (Also read How to Remove Small Stripped Screws?)
3. How does Wireless Earbud Work?
The solution to the question of how does wireless earbuds work is as follows:
- The wireless earbuds work by receiving wireless signals that are transmitted from audio sources. They are encoded by the source device or phone and transmitted via IR or RF carriers. The earbuds receive the RF or IR signal and they decode it to get the audio output.
- Sound is generated by means of waves that lie in the range of 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz.
- When the audio signal is digital, it is transformed into an analog audio signal. The analog audio signal is then amplified to get the desired output. (Also read How Does A Remote Control Work?)
4. How to Use Wireless Earbuds?
You must be wondering how to use wireless earbuds. Well, here’s how.
- Tap the Bluetooth button on your phone or other device and turn it on.
- Tap the search button on the side of the one earbud.
- When your earbud appears in the Bluetooth menu of your phone, tap on it to connect the device. (Also read How to connect Bluetooth Headphones to your Android device?)
So you can see how do earbuds work and have evolved from wired to wireless. You also know that earbuds are widely used among the younger as well as the older generation. Music is, after all, a language that everybody understands, and hence the popularity of earbuds keeps on increasing. (Also read 5 Pound Sign Phone Symbol Facts)