When learning about fractions, you learn about converting fraction values into percentages. Mathematics is all about following specific steps to solve a problem. The conversion process from fraction to percent also helps you find grades. So, how to calculate the percentage? What is 9 out of 12 as a percentage? Or, 9 out of 12 is what percent? How to find grades from scores and percentages? Continue reading to get answers to the questions.
1. What is 9/12 as a Percentage? What is 9 out of 12 as a Percentage?
The percentage is a numerical value obtained by multiplying any number by 100. There are three ways to express a fraction to percent:
- Convert the fraction to a decimal first by dividing. Then, multiply the answer by 100.
- Divide the numerator by 100. Then, multiply both numerator and denominator by the answer. Finally, multiply the resultant value by 100.
- Divide 100 by the denominator. Then, multiply both the numerator and denominator by the answer. Finally, multiply the resultant decimal value by 100.
Let’s look into the second method, in brief, to know 9 out of 12 is what percent:
Here, 9 is the numerator, and 12 is the denominator.
- 9 / 100= 0.09
- (9 × 0.09) / (12 × 0.09) = 0.81 / 1.08 = 0.75
- 0.75 × 100 = 75%
The answer to 9 out of 12 is what percent, or what is 9 out of 12 as a percentage is 75%. (See What is the Very Last Number in the World?)
2. 9 out of 12 is What Percent? What Percent of 12 is 9?
Follow the below steps to find the 9 out of 12 in percentage:
- To find the decimal value, 9/12 = 0.75
- To convert to percentage, 0.75 × 100 = 75%. Also, check out what is Three Eighths as a decimal?
3. What Grade is 9 out 12?
Grading is another way of representing the student’s percentage. The grades are determined by dividing the total score by total points. Then, the points are divided into several categories according to the grade book. The grading system varies from one education system to the other. Must read what are the types of functions?
Thus, 9 out of 12 can be graded as B+.
4. Calculate 8 out of 12 as a Percentage using Fraction to Percent Converter?
In mathematics, a fraction is a number that represents two unequal quantities. 8 out of 12 as a percentage can be found following the below steps:
- To find the decimal value, 8/12 = 0.6667
- To convert to percentage, 0.6667 × 100 = 66.67%.
8/12 in percentage is 66.67%. Moreover, you can use the above shown online fraction to percentage conversion calculator to do it.
5. Express 11 out of 12 Percentages?
On expressing 9 out of 12 is what percent, you get the value as 75%. Similarly, you can find 11/12 by following certain steps:
Let’s try the conversion using the third method mentioned above:
Here, 11 is the numerator, and 12 is the denominator.
- 100 / 12 = 8.33
- (11 × 8.33) / (12 × 8.33) = 91.63 / 99.96 = 0.9167
- 0.9167 × 100 = 91.67%
Thus, 11 out of 12 is 91.67%. (See What is 18/20 as a Percentage?)
6. Express 10/12 as a Decimal
A decimal is different from fraction numbers but has the same meaning. For example, 10/12 means 10 parts out of 12 equal parts. You can think of it as a piece of cake equally divided into 12 slices.
To express 10/12 as a decimal, you need to follow these steps:
- Divide the numerator 10 by denominator 12. Since the numerator is smaller than the denominator, the decimal number would start with a zero.
- On dividing, you will get 83.33. Must read what is the decimal for 3/4?