You may add vinegar to a variety of dishes. You may have your favorite vinegar also. You may also be aware of various types of vinegar, like rice wine, red, black, white, malt, and others. But there are various uses of vinegar in daily life. So, let’s go and find out about the 75 little known uses of vinegar.
Disclaimer on the use of vinegar for medical purposes: Vinegar indeed has various health benefits, but it is better to consult your doctor before following any vinegar routine. Do not treat yourself by consuming vinegar without accumulating proper knowledge and advice from experts.
1. Apple cider vinegar (ACV) contains small quantities of potassium so that it can benefit you as a fluid retention controller and a regulator of blood pressure to a small extent. (See How much blood is in Your Body?)
2. Acetic acid is the main component of vinegar and can control the growth of harmful bacteria or even kill them. As per historical medical evidence, vinegar has been used as a disinfectant.
3. You can also use vinegar as a natural food preservative as it prevents the growth of food spoiling bacteria. (See How Are Pickles Made?)
4. Apple cider vinegar helps lower blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity after meals rich in carbs.
5. Apple cider vinegar benefits you with weight reduction by controlling glucose and insulin levels.
6. Apple cider vinegar is considered a remedy for various skin-related problems, including acne and oily skin. (Also read 11 Health Benefits of Eating Ice Apple Fruit)
7. Apple cider vinegar can also help protect your skin against bacteria.
8. It may help in reducing bad cholesterol levels in the body.
9. The antimicrobial properties are also one of the little known uses of vinegar. It benefits you in treating physical infections like warts, ear infections, and nail fungus.
10. You can control weed growth in your backyard using white vinegar. It will also fight off mildew and algae on the corners of walls in your house or shower curtains. (Also read How Do You Get Chiggers Out of Your Yard?)
11. Out of the other little known uses of vinegar, you can use white vinegar to clean and disinfect your kitchen, bathroom, toilet, showers, taps, bathtubs, windows, cutting board, and glasses. (See What happens when you mix Vinegar with Baking Soda?)
12. White vinegar can also keep cut flowers fresh for a long time.
13. It is used as a mechanism for screening for Human Papillomavirus (HPV) infection in women especially, in places lacking facilities for proper health care.
14. You can use white vinegar as a stain remover for laundry, kitchen appliances, and dishes. Vinegar can protect color runs if you are washing colored and white together.
15. Vinegar may also help fight against yeast infection conditions like oral candidiasis and candida vulvovaginitis. (See Why My Teeth Hurt After Waking Up?)
16. Vinegar may improve heart health by controlling various parameters that put the heart at risk.
17. Vinegar helps in defending against oxidative stress.
18. It is beneficial in maintaining a healthy digestive system by regulating and promoting healthy bacterial growth. It also balances the acid level in your stomach. (See How Acidic Is Stomach Acid?)
19. The traditional rice wine vinegar, Kurozu, has shown promising effects in suppressing cognitive dysfunction. (See Best Child Psychology Books)
20. Another one of the 75 little known uses of vinegar is that it helps in increasing protein production in the body, which reduces the formation of amyloid in the brain.
21. Some vinegar may have potential benefits in protecting against the growth of colon, breast, leukemia, bladder, lung, and prostate cancer cells. (Also read 12 Health Benefits Of Green Apples)
22. Apple cider vinegar helps with the pH regulation of your skin.
23. Well diluted apple cider or red wine vinegar and water solution will help to reduce sunburn. You can try the bathing method, but you can apply the solution with a cloth directly over the sunburned skin.
24. Apple cider vinegar works as a natural detoxifier for your body. (Also read 20 Revolutionary Diet Plans to Lose Weight)
25. Apple cider vinegar, mixed with water or shampoo and applied to the scalp, can help get rid of dandruff.
26. Vinegar helps reduce the effects of diabetes and prevents it from progressing.
27. Applying apple cider vinegar to the stanching pee spot will reduce the odor. You can apply other cleaning supplies to the spot after the vinegar dries. (See What Happens When you Mix Bleach and Ammonia?)
28. Applying apple cider vinegar to the insect bite may reduce the itching.
29. Another use out of other little known uses of vinegar is it also helps in treating parasitic infections. (Also read Where are Leeches found?)
30. You can use apple cider vinegar to reduce the aging process.
31. Vinegar can be beneficial in making hair shinier. (Also read 6 Nasal Hair Facts)
32. Vinegar may also help reduce hypertension, giving you another benefit of the 75 little known uses of vinegar.
33. Breathing in the steam of vinegar and water may relieve you from congestion caused by a cold.
34. By controlling acid reflux, vinegar reduces heartburn.
35. Vinegar may also benefit in improving blood circulation. (See What Does It Mean When Your Blood Is Dark Red?)
36. Brown vinegar helps clear out kidney stones. (See How to keep my Kidneys Healthy?)
37. Vinegar can be beneficial in clearing your sore throat.
38. People also use vinegar to reduce Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) problems like itching or rashes.
39. Benefit yourself by adding malt vinegar to food to control type-2 diabetes. It is one of the promising uses out of the rest of the little known uses of vinegar. (Also read 9 Diseases Caused by Obesity)
40. Wine vinegar may add flavors to various dishes like lasagna and slowly cooked meat (beef, lamb, or chicken).
41. Add white wine vinegar to enhance flavors in drinks like smoothies and vinaigrette.
42. White wine vinegar can be used as a rub for meat or other savory baked dishes. (See What Everybody Ought To Know About Seasoning Uses Of These 53 Different Spices)
43. Vinegar is also used instead of lemon or salt to curdle milk.
44. Wine vinegar fights against metabolic syndrome and protects you against stroke.
45. Wine vinegar will provide a subtle amount of essential nutrients like magnesium, phosphorus, iron, potassium, and calcium.
46. Yet another interesting use from this little known uses of vinegar list is vinegar can also be beneficial in preventing blood clots.
47. Another excellent use among the 75 little known uses of vinegar is that calcium absorption and retention can be enhanced by wine vinegar. (Also read How many bones in the human body?)
48. Wine vinegar also helps in naturally strengthening hair bonds.
49. Vinegar can prevent overeating by suppressing your appetite.
50. Red wine vinegar is rich in antioxidants that prevent chronic diseases. (See Top 20 Foods that contain Antioxidants)
51. Cell damage caused due to free radicals in your body can be prevented by red wine vinegar. (Also read How Many Cells Are in the Human Body?)
52. Black plum vinegar can be found with other names, like Java plum, Malabar plum, black plum, or jambolana vinegar. Black plum (Jamun) vinegar can effectively remedy diarrhea.
53. Rice vinegar is beneficial in the kitchen because of the mild-sweet flavor that makes it fit for marinates, dips, and sauces.
54. Industrial vinegar is considered best for cleaning commercial buildings.
55. Vinegar can remove ballpoint pen marks from tables or walls. (Also read Why do some people chew on pens?)
56. Clean the knife block or scissors by putting white wine vinegar on the kitchen towel. Wrap and rub the towel around the knife to clean it.
57. Mini window blinds can be cleaned, and their white color will be maintained.
58. Clean your piano keys with the diluted white vinegar (half cup) and water (2 cups) solution. (Also read What Type of Instrument is a Piano?)
59. Vinegar solution will remove water rings or coaster rings from your wooden furniture.
60. Fireplace, flooring, or a patch of brick on your wall will be renewed by applying a solution of warm water 3.7 liters (1 gallon) with a cup of white vinegar. It is indeed one of the fascinating uses out of other little known uses of vinegar mentioned in this list.
61. Paint the vinegar solution (apple cider or distilled) with iodine to remove scratches on your wood furniture. (See How to Remove Small Stripped Screws?)
62. A mixture of vinegar, baking soda, and hot water will help clean extra greasy pans and greasy stovetops.
63. Microwave the diluted vinegar solution to clean your microwave from the inside. Make sure to clean it with a dry cloth afterward.
64. Soak the instant pot lid, pressure cooker, enamel pots, and pans or pan lids in a diluted vinegar solution to remove the stink, smell, or stains. (See What is Metal Made of?)
65. Boiling vinegar in steel utensils will bring back their shine.
66. You can clean cloudy wine glasses by soaking them in vinegar and washing them with dish soap. (Also read Rum Ingredients)
67. You can rub and clean the insides of the refrigerator and freezer to kill odors and bacterial growth.
68. You can clean up mineral deposits from the insides of your dishwasher, washing machines, and other appliances. Pour a cup of vinegar on the dishwasher floor and run without any dishes.
69. Get rid of stinking garbage bins by spraying and wiping the lining and inside the bin with vinegar solution. (See How to Make Stink Spray)
70. Vinegar can remove odors from plastic containers, lunch boxes, jars, vases, thermos, and other containers.
71. Vinegar can be beneficial in polishing and shining silver, brass, and copper items. (See Why do people love gold?)
72. Boiling water (1 cup) and white vinegar (half cup) solution can also be a powerful air freshener for your kitchen.
73. Get rid of moths and other insects by spraying a solution of half cup apple cider vinegar and a few drops of liquid dish wash detergent. Fruit flies get trapped in a jar of apple cider vinegar. (Also read How Quickly Do Moths Eat Clothes?)
74. It can be beneficial for cleaning car vipers and carpets or removing bumper stickers and frost from the windshield.
75. It can also bring your shrunken and discolored woolen clothing back to life.
These were the 75 little known uses of vinegar. It is time to try these out with your family, friends, and neighbors. Kindly share your experience with us.